Hot out of the Forge PST's 1.03 Torsion bars

-
Just so I am clear, your price is $219 shipped to our door plus 10% discount so its $197.10 shipped.

Is this correct?

Just so I am clear, your price is $219 shipped to our door plus 10% discount so its $197.10 shipped.

Is this correct?

You are correct sir and shipping is free within the 48 US States.

Thanks
James

OK

I also see on one post you say they are clocked 15 degrees and on another you say they are 20 degrees.

What are they?

I will say that we have done a redesign on our B&E body torsion bar to a 20 degree offset.

These bars will allow for more adjustability and improved handling capabilities. We have redesigned the clocking of the bars to a 15 degree offset

OK

I also see on one post you say they are clocked 15 degrees and on another you say they are 20 degrees.

What are they?

I will say that we have done a redesign on our B&E body torsion bar to a 20 degree offset.

These bars will allow for more adjustability and improved handling capabilities. We have redesigned the clocking of the bars to a 15 degree offset

We went from a flat-flat design to a flat-point it is a 20 degree offset.

Thanks
James

Exactly. Can we get an approximate wheel rate?

I will try to get that for you today but I can't guarantee as I am out of the office. If not I will have it for you Monday.

Thanks
James

James,
Thanks for the discount sales guy was great! Be a little while before they are in swapping when I do the front end rebuild so I only have to do this once knock on wood!

I will try to get that for you today but I can't guarantee as I am out of the office. If not I will have it for you Monday.

Thanks
James

This is really the only thing keeping me from buying a set of 1.03" bars. I have a set of FFI 1.12's in my Duster, but my GT project is getting a less aggressive build up. It's between the PST 1.03's and the FFI 1.06's. I know exactly what to expect from the 1.06's, but without an approximate wheel rate I have no idea how the 1.03's will perform.

I had the same problem when I bought a set of 1" Just Suspension bars, so I estimated just based on the diameter. Of course the wheel rate can still vary a bit from manufacturer to manufacturer, and the 1" JS bars ended up being too light for my tastes. I don't want to repeat that mistake, so a published wheel rate would be nice. Otherwise I'll just spend a little more money on the FFI 1.06's and know what I'm getting.

I have been trying to get an answer for you on the wheel rate from the engineer that designed them for us. I know that 1.03 for the B Bodies come in at a wheel rate of 209 I would assume that with the A body bars being shorter but the same diameter the wheel rate would be in the area of around 230 to the 250 range. I will keep on the designer to get an answer.

Thanks
james

I have been trying to get an answer for you on the wheel rate from the engineer that designed them for us. I know that 1.03 for the B Bodies come in at a wheel rate of 209 I would assume that with the A body bars being shorter but the same diameter the wheel rate would be in the area of around 230 to the 250 range. I will keep on the designer to get an answer.

Thanks
james

Thanks for the update, I think there's a lot of folks out there that would like to see the actual wheel rates published.

Hey James. Just to let you know, I've been driving around for a couple of months now with these new bars and they've been awesome.

Cheers, Phil in Oz.

Great to hear. If there is anything that I can help you with please let me know.

Thanks
James

James, will the new bars allow me to drop the car? I'd like to go at least 2" (or more) lower than factory ride height.

Thanks

Mark

James, will the new bars allow me to drop the car? I'd like to go at least 2" (or more) lower than factory ride height.

Thanks

Mark

I have the newer 1.03 bars also and love em.
I don't think you will be able to drop the car that much with the new 30 degree clocking like factory bars.
Since I can back the adjusters all the way off to the blocks and it still sits higher than stock I believe. (or close to it)

There was a guy (can't remember right now who it was) but he recently listed the 1.03 zero clocked bars for sale.
Those are what you need to have tighter bars and drop it.

I'll look for that post.

Here ya go.
Contact him and see what he needs for them, as these were the original zero clocked 103's for lowering.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=296250

There was a guy (can't remember right now who it was) but he recently listed the 1.03 zero clocked bars for sale.
Those are what you need to have tighter bars and drop it.

I'll look for that post.

Here ya go.
Contact him and see what he needs for them, as these were the original zero clocked 103's for lowering.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=296250

Thanks for your effort TB, but those have been sold!

I installed my PST bars last night. Haven't got the car back on the ground yet, so not sure about the stance. Not too worried, as the car has been lower than stock for over 20 years with no plans to raise it up any. I bought them from the PST ebay store a few months ago, and wasn't really sure what I was going to get. They are clocked, just not as much as the stock bars.

Thanks

Mark

We may have a set of the zero clocked bars floating around that I could sell you at a discount if you are interested? PM.

Thanks
James

I am curious if these 1.03" torsion bars will fit on a 1969 Cuda 340 with TTI Headers.

I went to the web sight and it says to call for a price. Is the price still the same on the 1.03 bar? thanks

The price of the bars are $229. The reason that you see a call for price is that we are temporarily out of stock the bars. They are at the forge in production. I am working on a getting a estimated delivery date from our forge. The bars are made in the USA.

Thanks
James

Any news on the delivery date? I would like to get a set on order to go with the shocks I just got from you.

No ETA as of yet. As soon as I know I will post. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks

-
Back