Hot Rod Power Tour 2024

-
Caravelle !! You will be 1 of none in a sea of Camaro's. Good for you ! You show 'em !!

When I went in 09 and 10 I had the only b body 78 fury 2 door the whole way. There was a magnum and as I remember a Cordoba or 2 along the way at this stop or that stop.
I still have the fury.

When I went in 09 and 10 I had the only b body 78 fury 2 door the whole way. There was a magnum and as I remember a Cordoba or 2 along the way at this stop or that stop.
I still have the fury.
When I went in 2005 there weren't many Mopars, and only one or two other 1970 Darts. A few e bodies and b bodies, but the majority of the cars were GM products, lots of Chevelles and Camaros.

When I went in 2005 there weren't many Mopars, and only one or two other 1970 Darts. A few e bodies and b bodies, but the majority of the cars were GM products, lots of Chevelles and Camaros.
Last time I went in 2019, there were a bunch of Mopars, several E and B bodies, quite a few darts, tons of late model challengers. Still out numbered by brand x but we always will be

I'm expecting that there will be a bunch of less than 10 year old Camaros, Mustangs, Challengers, and Chargers there that not many people really look at like many other events.

Dubbed "The Brown Car"

2022 Moparfest Shot.jpg

I'm expecting that there will be a bunch of less than 10 year old Camaros, Mustangs, Challengers, and Chargers there that not many people really look at like many other events.
The last Chrysler Carlisle we commented that it looked like a new car Dodge Dealership.

I am registered and I got hotel reservations all along the route. I'll be solo this year so I hope to meet some guys. Feel free to PM me so we can meet up.

I'll be driving my 73 Duster, hopefully will be painted by then and look better than above. LOL

RGAZ

We will be there in our 66 Sublime Dart these are our hotels

6/9 6/11
518 Corvette drive bowling green kentucky
6/11 6/12
1300 plaza suite drive Smyma TN.
6/12 6/13
311 E Gaulbert AVE. Louisville KY
6/13 6/14
122 Arrowhead blvd Hebron ohio
6/14 6/15
8229 E us hwy 36 Avon ind.
6/15 6/16
2820 Merchants mile columbus ind.

If anyone wants to get together...

Official Tour Route released. They kept day one very short which is nice.

1716302889694.png

1716302913692.png

Sorry for the image files, but I could not get the PDF to directly import. Probably user error. LOL

RGAZ

Unfortunately, those cars make really good cruisers. And it is much easier to buy a newer car that is also faster than most old cars and drive it than to try and modernized the old one. And if you want to keep the old one stock, it makes the newer cars even more enticing.

Not saying it is right, or that I would do that, but it's hard to argue with AC, OD, CC, quiet interiors, comfortable seats, 400+ HP and 25+ mph.

Your car is there, and I bet most of the old cars on the tour will also be modernized at least to a degree. I wonder how many you will see that are not modernized, and of those, how many will make the Long Haul.

Unfortunately, those cars make really good cruisers. And it is much easier to buy a newer car that is also faster than most old cars and drive it than to try and modernized the old one. And if you want to keep the old one stock, it makes the newer cars even more enticing.

Not saying it is right, or that I would do that, but it's hard to argue with AC, OD, CC, quiet interiors, comfortable seats, 400+ HP and 25+ mph.

Your car is there, and I bet most of the old cars on the tour will also be modernized at least to a degree. I wonder how many you will see that are not modernized, and of those, how many will make the Long Haul.
I wish everything wasn't about what was "easier". The whole point of this was to tour modified classic cars even from day 1. The reality is very few people ever look at the new cars, even though there's nothing really wrong with most of them I never bought one because I didn't want to be one of those people bringing one to any event or be bothered by the splitter guard crowd. I just have a normie car for my DD activites. I think part of the fun is the challenge. So what if most of the cars might get 11 mpg hwy...

Really the only thing for me is having A/C because the heat is just not something I do that great with certain summer days.

Need some more Vice Grip Garage or Junkyard Digs types that will just run whatever the entire time as long as it makes it.

Since this will be my first time going we'll see.

I wish everything wasn't about what was "easier". The whole point of this was to tour modified classic cars even from day 1. The reality is very few people ever look at the new cars, even though there's nothing really wrong with most of them I never bought one because I didn't want to be one of those people bringing one to any event or be bothered by the splitter guard crowd. I just have a normie car for my DD activites. I think part of the fun is the challenge. So what if most of the cars might get 11 mpg hwy...

No argument.

I had a '15 Challenger R/T and loved it, drove it all the time and took it on a couple of road trips even. But I would never think to take it to a show, for sure. Even if I had done the 14.5" cop brakes, 6.4 cam/intake/headers and added other features. I like to look at the new cars, but I feel weird taking one to a show.

But I don't own a Challenger anymore, and I have a '73 that will get a 5.7/T56 combo instead. The current idea is that it won't go to shows either, I will keep the LA/Magnum hybrid I have in '74 and take that to shows. But time will tell.

Really the only thing for me is having A/C because the heat is just not something I do that great with certain summer days.

I understand that, but even more I want AC so my wife can go with me and not melt. She doesn't take to the summer heat well and it would be hard on her to tag along. Even worse to road trip something in the summer.

Need some more Vice Grip Garage or Junkyard Digs types that will just run whatever the entire time as long as it makes it.

I understand what you are saying, but sometimes it is like saying you survived an avalanche. Sure, it is cool to claim that, but I guarantee that most people that are dug out of one and survived wouldn't say it was fun nor want to do it on purpose. Certainly there are some crazies, but it's not like in 1984 when the norm was no AC and 3 speeds.

Having seen the route of the actual tour this year, its maybe 35% on the freeway. I'm driving 560 miles on Sunday to get to my folks house in the Nashville Metro (3 nights there and 3 on the road), but as you mention, it doesn't matter for me, I can pretty easily cruise at 80 and 2200 rpm so it's no issue. I think people who are patient could do it pretty easily w/o overdrive. Some people wouldn't mind being inside of a car where its 100 for days, not really for me but its possible.

I have been working on a lot of detail items for the car, butyl taped the holes shut in the firewall, rebuilt the windshield washer system, worked on a fuel economy tune, probably going to implement fuel table switching this weekend. Haven't decided if I'm going to buy a helmet to Autocross or not.

Anyone who's going, I did put the Duster 340 stickers on the car. Got you a nice picture of the flaws on the car too :)
1716417692777.png
1716417724074.png

Having seen the route of the actual tour this year, its maybe 35% on the freeway. I'm driving 560 miles on Sunday to get to my folks house in the Nashville Metro (3 nights there and 3 on the road), but as you mention, it doesn't matter for me, I can pretty easily cruise at 80 and 2200 rpm so it's no issue. I think people who are patient could do it pretty easily w/o overdrive. Some people wouldn't mind being inside of a car where its 100 for days, not really for me but its possible.

I have been working on a lot of detail items for the car, butyl taped the holes shut in the firewall, rebuilt the windshield washer system, worked on a fuel economy tune, probably going to implement fuel table switching this weekend. Haven't decided if I'm going to buy a helmet to Autocross or not.

Anyone who's going, I did put the Duster 340 stickers on the car. Got you a nice picture of the flaws on the car too :)
View attachment 1716253201View attachment 1716253202

Just so you know, your car is one of the benchmark cars for me. One to attain to. Very cool build all the way around.

Thanks! It's easier to build one like mine now than ever. I had to do a bunch of stuff a harder way. Now they sell EFI gas tanks vs my Aeromotive Phantom, easier to use Holley ECUs that are reasonable vs megasquirt, brake kits, steering boxes, wheels, closer "kits" for T56, I have a lot of info about the T56/EFI/A/C installs.

Amen to that. I remember removing A/C from a 71 340 4 speed Demon because I was 17.
50 years later the first thing I look for in a muscle car is A/C.Really any car or truck.:thumbsup:
The one thing that I would like to have had in my 70 Dart when I went on the tour in 2005 was a/c. Having cloth seats definitely helped, plus the wing windows and vents. My buddy and his wife were in his 66 GTO with black vinyl seats, black roof, and a 421 big block under the hood. So not fun in the heat and humidity of the south.

-
Back