Hot Rodding Is Dead

-

RustyRatRod

I was born on a Monday. Not last Monday.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I cannot remember if this has been posted here or not, but I think it is really cool.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXU3N9wT3u0&feature=player_embedded"]Hot Rodding is Dead - YouTube[/ame]

"All the Hemi's, not the recent attempts you see in car add's, but the real Hemi's, have long ago been pulled out of the yards and blown up at the dragstrip. But you just couldn't find muscle like that anymore."

I can remember when the smog engines of the mid seventies and early 80's came along

"We thought hot rodding was dead."

I can remember when fuel injection first came out

"We thought hod rodding was dead."

I can remember when the green electric nonsense got going, yer "Pree ***" in every garage.

"I thought hot rodding was going to be dead."

And then comes 80 some year old Big. And clicks off sevens. In a farking ELECTRIC rail.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?p=1970424888

gone are the days when we could rummage through the junk yards to find a performance part or project. pull and save just don't do it. lol
thank the aftermarket for allowing the hotrodding tradition to continue.
if I could find it, I can build it. some just buy it.

..what junkyard now...all ours have become used car lots..

..awesome soliloquy....

"...It's hard to take a guy seriously who paid $6,000 to have his car painted like an Easter egg."

:cheers:

$6,000? In a garage.

You'd be lucky to get a rust patch n' paint job for that these days.

Nice video, Rob.

I think there is still plenty of room for hotrodding. It just takes the perspective of someone looking at shapes to get numbers, instead of the other way around. This is, to say, if something works, you can use it, if you pay attention to shapes, instead of part numbers

I'm at a point with my projects, where if I can't find something to do what I want it to do, exactly how I want to, I'm in the garage, making it from scratch. I don't give a damn about CNC billet parts, sponsors, numbers matching, date codes, or even if an engine from one manufacturer goes in front of the cowl of something else. I don't even care where its made, as long as its quality. I'd drive the wheels off of a Kia, if it was a brawler.

What I'd like to see more of, is people making their own ****.

Brand loyalty is a joke. Bring what you made. Hotrod until you die.

Hell yes im with dave on this. All most all of my car is custom besides the body lines. A few things bought but ill be damn if I catalog build this *****. I want to be different from all comers and im on the way to that already.

Shhh, be quiet, the purists are listening! The 'H' word isn't supposed to exist around here!! :violent1:

You know, "Hot Rodding" what is that? A late evening at a local joint, with a buncha guys and girls with some sort of "ride" that goes like hell, or as old as the dirt in his head for what hes fixin on tryin to the girl hangin off his shoulder?

OR is it any "teenaged" driver in a 4 poperd car, that sounds like a pissed off bumblebee, then one that comes up to the other that sounds a bit louder, and deeper only to find it has a fart can on it? Both seems to go by with a rage against the older more powerful types? I set there at the red light, waiting for a green, light changes color, and I shift, and stomp the gas, and about 3 seconds in, the blue smoke just begins to roll off as I power brake.....WITH the transfer case in 2X4..... To then get about 2,800 RPMs on the gauge I glance over at the 2 in those piss ant cars that I could seriously run over top of, as their eyes become wide, and slowly and easily let off the brake as the truck is approaching 3,200 RPMs, just as I let off of it....The black "rubber" layin on the road, is more rubber off my tires then their whole damn car, has on it! I love my ole truck, even tho I'm considered a youngster, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna "soup" up a damned 4 cylinder in a civic, to me that's a waist of time and money, as it won't be worth half of what I have right now, and mine isn't even considered "souped up"...

Now granted, I'm not a "Hot Rodder" I ain't got any of the nice old cars, or even fast cars, I got my 67 and a 04 "Family" Car (has 4 doors).

Now for brand X, the Wifes Buick, La Sabre. Its got the 3.8, (Ole Buick 231, V-6) granted it doesn't got the power my 383 has, BUT for a V-6 its not to shabby.....STILL its not "souped" nor will the wife allow me to turn ANY screws to give a little power, she wants to keep the MPGs where they are, UNLESS I can make that number, higher......

NOW once I get my truck out of the garage at my Step Sons, and its back to a daily driver, I want to go "Cruzin" with it, as there is a local car cruize, that's at a place called "Arnie's" and I have gone there a few times for Ice-Cream with the family, and sadly, on a Friday night (Cruize Night), I sadly, the past 2 Fridays, haven't seen ONE old car there! Couple of young punks with old Civics, that look like hell, and sound just as bad.....Think they got it ya know? I just laugh... can't wait to have the truck back running, ole Arnie himself, will actually come out and look.

All I can say is.......Mopar till the end!!!!!!

Tqfastfish has my spirits high. Hes a member here hes 13 and he is mid build of his dart. Hotrodding couldnt be more bright right there. Guys we have to make him feel welcome and pass all our knowledge on to at least him. We owe the future of hotrodding to this kid at least. Reqlly makes me feel proud to see the kid trying.

yeah, I think they are using too much shoe polish these days. too much shine, or has the Hot Rod look, but is never driven. Just a show car. The old guy that built my transmission is a TRUE hot rodder. he has a old garage behind his house, that was once the primary parking spot. Some ole beat up Mopar with big *** slicks, roll cage, Massive 440 with 2 fourbarrels. well used parts like the faded intake, scratched chrome valve covers.......but that car is a bad *** on the strip. And hes the first to tell you, hes never been into the show car.

Is that video of the little kids on the hood "polishing" it?

ANY 13 year old Boy who has had someone show him what these old cars are about will have a love for them, I don't have a son of my own, he's a step child but as close to that as I get, my daughter on the other hand, loves old cars. and tries to tell me what she sees as there area few that run around here, all the time, one comes to mind that's a 55 Chevy, but she thinks its an old Plymouth like "Christine" But...... that's where I have to teach her the difference....

And to that, that's where ALL of US come to play here, we know, and because we know to keep "Rodding" alive, whether hot or not, we need to teach, so do our love of cars a favor, pass along the knowledge you may have to a younger interested person, you'll be thankful you did some day, whether that person is your son, daughter, step child, or grand son or daughter, if they are interested, show them the respect to teach them!

-
Back