Hot start problem. Rough idle and Tach jumping.

-

MoparMuscleGuy

Still plays with cars.
Reaction score
Hello, I've got a quick question before I leave for work. This morning I took my car for a ride and it runs great as usual. The problem is, when I let it sit for about twenty minutes, after I turn if off, then restart it, it runs rough and the tach jumps.:dontknow: Any ideas, please post your opinions. Its a 318, two barrel engine. It's been given a full tune-up, including a new distributor(stock), fuel pump, voltage regulator. I may go to a four barrel set-up anyway. It's looking very costly with the Viper engine set-up discussed in my other thread. http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=104506. I'll have to make a decision on that soon. Anyway...... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

That happened to my /6 and it was the coil. After it heated up, it was hard to start and ran rough. Put a new coil in, start first turn of the key. Runs smooth.

That happened to my /6 and it was the coil. After it heated up, it was hard to start and ran rough. Put a new coil in, start first turn of the key. Runs smooth.
Thanks for your reply. I did buy a MSD super coil yesterday to replace the new Accel coil I had put in about 3 months ago. I've had great success with Accel but wanted to try MSD this time. I thought it might have been the voltage reg, but after changing that the problem still exhists. I'm going to try the new coil and see what happens. Any other inputs from anyone would be appreciated.

I installed the new MSD Coil today along with new ends, soldered, to all the wires, to the Coil. This new coil seemed to do the trick. I took it for a twenty minute ride, then shut if off and waited 20 minutes before restarting. After 20 minutes it started instantly and ran perfect. It turned out to be the coil after all Pha Pha.

-
Back