Hot Start problems with Slant

-

green72

Reaction score
1972 /6 HEI coil, Pertronics module. Car starts really well cold. Runs perfect while driving but stop for gas or a soda and it is really hard to start. The only way it will start is with a wide open throttle and a long cranking period. Any tips to help would be great. Thanks

By holding the throttle wide open to start it sounds like your carb is dripping gas into the intake I had this same problem with my one barrel set up I had
Test = drive it for a few miles then as you get back home leave it running ... pull the breather off, turn the engine off and look in the carb and see if it is dripping gas as it sets, is there black smoke coming out the exhaust when it does finely start ?

Mine used to do that too, look up the fuel line mod over at slantsix.org Mine would be fine then as soon as I shut the car off the fuel line would get to hot and the gas would boil in the line and filter. Rerouting the fuel line as directed in those tech articles fixed my issues.

Mine used to do that too, look up the fuel line mod over at slantsix.org Mine would be fine then as soon as I shut the car off the fuel line would get to hot and the gas would boil in the line and filter. Rerouting the fuel line as directed in those tech articles fixed my issues.

I agree, do the fuel line mod. It costs very little.

:cheers: wow!! I forgot that this is what I had to do to my /6 also, It was not my carb it was the fuel line that was ran up against the engine and I rerouted it
off the engine and away from all the heat...... Thank you Jamakin and 1968FormulaS340 for reminding me :cheers: X2 on this green72 :toothy9:

I will look up fuel line mod. Carb is mew don't think it is leaking but I will check thanks for the info I will let you know

-
Back