Hotchkis Full Dart Suspension System

-

68GTconvert

Reaction score
Anyone run the Hotchkis Full Dart Suspension System? It seems like not too bad of a deal for what you get. The price of an alterkation is too much for my blood plus I have a real 69 GTS so I don't want to hack on it. I have alot of mountain roads that I like to drive. I want it to handle. Summit has the whole kit for 2k.

I have a big sway bar and nice front end kit on the dart already should I just get the rear set up or what?

http://www.hotchkis.net/6772_dodge_abody_total_vehicle_system.html

you cant go wrong with Hotchkis, been in the industry for decades. Gonna throw the entire kit on my Duster!

im gonna use some of their stuff but mostly in the front, im going coil over in the rear with a four link. i have heard really good things about them (and their full kits) from a couple of local mopar guys at shows.

I'm pretty sure this is the TVS kit that autoxcuda is running/using on his cuda

I have a big sway bar and nice front end kit on the dart already should I just get the rear set up or what?

i thnk i would buy the complete kit. i'm sure its designed to all work together. you havce heavy enough bars up front already??

Yeah I was watching some youtube vids and it looks pretty nice. I am trying to figure out if I should spring for the whole set up or keep my front as is. It has a brand new PST set up with bigger torsion bars and a aftermarket thick sway bar. If you push up and down on the front end it barely moves. It is stiff. Considering alterktion is 5 grand at least I think this is a good option.

i thnk i would buy the complete kit. i'm sure its designed to all work together. you havce heavy enough bars up front already??

Yeah I think you are right. Man I have been dreaming about the RMS set up but I don't want to cut my Original matching numbers GTS.

Yeah I think you are right. Man I have been dreaming about the RMS set up but I don't want to cut my Original matching numbers GTS.

you don't cut anything to install an alter-k. just drill a couple spot welds for the bump stops. easy to back to stock if needed.

if you have all new stuff up there i would leave it. the kit doesn't come with torsion bars so if yours are heavier ones they should work but i think i would use the kits sway bars and all.

I think it has 990's up front? Yeah I can't afford the RMS stuff anyways so that could come in time. I think buying the whole set Hotchkis TVS set up is probably more cost effective then buying just the rear and having it be unbalanced and mismatched. Thanks Joe.

I thought torsion bars would be part of any "kit". What shocks do they recommend? Still at that price it's very tempting to buy.

Wylde1.

Yeah I was watching some youtube vids and it looks pretty nice. I am trying to figure out if I should spring for the whole set up or keep my front as is. It has a brand new PST set up with bigger torsion bars and a aftermarket thick sway bar. If you push up and down on the front end it barely moves. It is stiff. Considering alterktion is 5 grand at least I think this is a good option.

I think that PST sway bar is an Addco type. How does it attach to the K-member? How does it attacht to the lower control arm. They are notorious for having poor attachment hardware.

Since you just did the front end with new tie rods, upper and lower ball joints and bushings you might consider just buying parts of the Hotchkis kit.

Did you put in rear springs with that PST kit?

I think these parts will give an improvement to what you have now.

Hotchkis adjustable rear sway bar
Hotichkis Bilstein shocks
Hotchkis rear leaf springs
Hotchkis subframe connectors

Here's my numbers matching 68 340 Formula S with full Hotchkis TVS system at the all Mopar Spring Fling Speed Festival at Willow Springs last April.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=je5oeamQ_uw"]68 Barracuda Hotchkis TVS suspension cam - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTT--mGlpTY"]Spring Fling Speed Festival 2011: '68 Barracuda "S" - YouTube[/ame]

Yeah its a addco type sway bar. Now that I have looked at it I may just replace the previous stuff with the full Hotchkis TVS system. My sway bar looks like it got bent a little bit.

How long did it take you to put the TVS on the Cuda? After did you take it for an alignment?

Yeah its a addco type sway bar. Now that I have looked at it I may just replace the previous stuff with the full Hotchkis TVS system. My sway bar looks like it got bent a little bit.

How long did it take you to put the TVS on the Cuda? After did you take it for an alignment?

Yes you have to take it for alignment.

It's going to take at least 12 hours. I'd break the front and rear up into two projects. The front is just like rebuilding a front end.

I am going to put the front Hotchkis sway bar on 65 Dart and see how it works. Pretty heavy duty when you look it. Already have the front swap bar kit, just need to make time to install it, because of the welding involved.

i was looking in the summit catalogue or it was mancini paper today and i happened to notice the price in the catalogue...

its usually $1800... seems to me there is a markup .. then a discount. Kinda seems fishy to me.

I am thinking about going this route on my 67 Formula.I would also would rather have the alterkation but 4-5 grand,come on.

-
Back