Hotchkis TVS vs AlterKtion/streetlynx

-

KramerSwinger70

70 Dart Swinger360
Reaction score
Simply put, which is better? The alterKTion streetlynxs is more expensive but also a more complete package. Hotchkis is cheaper but still something like $2-3k

I was just pondering this exact question.

I like the idea of keeping the stock type of suspension (Hotchkis) to preserve something of the car's original character...but is AlterKtion that much better?

Any thoughts are appreciated!

I'm installing the Magnum force 4 link. Discounts to members. I suppose as long as mine comes out better than this poor guys.

"Better" for what exactly? They all have there plusses and minuses

B
I'm installing the Magnum force 4 link. Discounts to members. I suppose as long as mine comes out better than this poor guys.

Please keep us posted on your progress? How much of a discount do members get?
I can't see the video from work ( ;) ) but I will check that out when I get home.

"Better" for what exactly? They all have there plusses and minuses

Good point.
In my mind, the better suspension would be the one that provides better body control, better traction and better response to imperfect pavement...this means lightest possible components with the correct geometry, etc.

As stated above, I really like the way these cars drive stock and I really do want my car to drive like an A-Body (not just look like one)...but if abandoning the torsion bars provides really significant gains, I'd have to take a serious look at that.

In the real word, the torsion bar/leaf spring suspension HAS and WILL out perform the coilover conversions, that's one thing, a correctly tuned torsion suspension has no real downsides other than header clearance, which isn't a problem with quality headers. Seems ridiculous guys spend 5 or 6 k on a tubular suspension to gain clearance, instead of buying a header that fits. One other claim is steering "feel" which actually has nothing to do with handling capabilities, it's a personal preference thing to me. That's my 2 cents on the subject!

All of the competitive guys who autocross use Hotchkis. I have it on my car and the handling is superb. Get the right T-bars and shocks and it drives just like a new car.

This is an age old question. My preference is for stock style but with a few things regarding that choice. I like Hotchkiss parts for the most part, however, I do not like their upper arms that use rod ends. I tried their leaf springs, but they were too low (even for me), and wrapped up really easily. (maybe I got a bad pair). Their strut rods are similar to others on the market. Their TVS kits are vague about the use of different torsion bars which is strange since common aftermarket bars have a huge different in rate compared to the typically worn 50 year old bars. Front spring rate is a important to the overall balance.
Secondly, add my Borgeson steering and my delrin lower bushings and you have a solid combination. Many know I sell/assemble my own SPC arms and for regular tubulars QA1s are my current favorite of the 7 makes on the market now.

-
Back