Hotchkiss WTF

-
Seriously? I've never heard of that!

At the old place a neighbor about 6-7 houses down was a machinist, and he said he would drill and tap it for me if I ever took the carb off the engine. Kind of ashamed to say that I haven't gotten that far yet....

Regardless, I'm off to Google this tap remover tool.

Thanks!

(Edit: @RustyRatRod: Not that I'm going to buy a Chinese tool on Amazon, but is something like this what I'm looking for? Non-metric, obviously....)

Those can work too, but I have these.

Update I emailed cc every one I could at Hotchkis and got a good response back yesterday.

"Hello, the Bill Sharp email was hacked, I will send this over to shipping and see about parts for you as we should have those almost ready to roll. Thanks"

Kinda vague but probably not AI generated and almost is better than no response or not gonna happen.

Where is Hotchkis located? The picture is the front of Hickory Motor Speedway, Hickory, NC. It's about 5 minutes from where I live.
Screenshot_20240730-120416_Maps.jpg
Screenshot_20240730-120719_Maps.jpg

My Valiant body shop horror story revolves around Reiss Racing in Escondido, CA. George Reiss is a total crook. He was really good pals with John Hotchkis when they were out in Cali. I had a chance to meet the guy but I didn’t want to be around George Reiss at the time.

My Valiant was at Reiss Racing for 5 years. Big deposit and no work done. From what I gathered John Hotchkis is also one of those guys that aren’t above board too. Those types generally congregate. I never met him so make your own assessment. My assessment is based on the way he runs his company (similar to Reiss) and the close friends he has (George Reiss).

Would I buy Hotchkis parts? Yeah, IF they are in stock at a third party retailer! ONLY! Actually, NO, I wouldn’t. They’re overpriced and you can get any equally good part from a different company like SPC for UCA’s, Firm Feel torsion bars, Eaton springs, QA1 adj. strut rods……
The alternatives to Hotchkis parts are as good and most always cheaper.

-
Back