House fires destroys 69 Barracuda Convertible

-

bamacuda

Reaction score
My friend just lost his 1969 Barracuda Convertible in a house fire. He is alright as he was not home at the time, but it was a total loss. I will get pictures as soon as I can. It was undergoing a complete restoration. It was recently finished in Autumn Bronze, was sporting an upgrade to a freshly built 340 (had flat black callouts in the paint scheme), all new legendary white interior, all suspension upgraded and fresh 8 3/4, etc. It was about 90% complete, needing final assembly and a few odds and ends. I do not think his renters insurance covers it. We had a lot of hours, sweat, and blood in this car and had plans of driving it to the Mopar Nationals in August.

Just wanted to share the news.

I'm gonna cry! I couldn't imagine losing my car to a fire. Kinda makes me think about increasing the coverage on my house insurance now.

That sucks. :angry7:

I don't know what the deal in the US is but in Canada your house insurance doesn't cover your car period, you should always have your car insured, if it's not on the road get storage insurance for it. I have several vehicles with storage insurance, it's cheap and I'm covered for theft or fire.

So sorry to hear that, what a shame. Often I go back down to my shop to check after a evenings work. Freaks me out if I start thinking about it(OCD?) and I have to go check and make sure everything is ok.

That sucks........I hope he had insured for 20 grand or more.....and I am glad he is allright as well

What a shame to lose his car. It's hard to get the money and try to do it all again. Wish him well.

Bummer! That really sucks the big one.

Sparky, I'm a lot like you in my shop. If I've been grinding or welding, I always stay in the shop for at least half an hour before shutting things down for the night.

I couldn't stand to look at a picture of the burned up 'Cuda.

sorry about our loss! that hurts! don't know if pic's will be helpful on this thread. =(

Wow i am so sorry to hear. Glad he is physically ok but he will probably need mental help after that... I would.

That sucks! That is one of my biggest fears. My prayers are with you.

I checked with Keith and he had renter's, but it does not cover the car nor his Dodge Ram service truck (plumber) that the back half is now crispy. It's all kinda hittin' him right now.

Sorry to hear about your friends loss bamacuda. I hate to hear about things like that. Please give him our best regaurds!
Matt

What a shame. As my car was getting closer to being finished I started to think about the WHAT IF, and decided I needed insurance.

I hope your buddy does OK, sorry to hear the bad news

Man :shaking2: Sorry to here the bad news :shaking: be a friend and keep his reality in check bamacuda :sunny:
That sounds like a very bad day for sure :shock:.

Ah crap..Hate to see things like this. Lots of time, money, and sweat goes into the projects. He was close to completion too.

Everyone should have classic insurance EVEN if the car is NOT finished. Just send photos and tell them how much coverage and it is $7 per $1000 that you want insured.

American Collectors Insurance has sponsored my charity Mopar show, so here is their number 800-360-2277 or go to <americancollectors.com>

Very sorry for his loss and the hobbies as this was such a nice car.

-
Back