House Paint Tip You'll Love!!!

-

64dart170

Reaction score
I used to use walmart bags but...............

When you want to break and know you will still be painting within 24 hours:
Press N Seal by glad. Before starting to paint, cut off 1 sq foot for brush or 2 for roller. When you're ready to stop, put wet brush or roller (leave handle in it just wrap roller & rod part of handle) on press n seal & wrap up tightly. Will stay ready for paint for up to 24 hours or more! (I've used up to a week later depending on paint & temp)
Just put in a cool dark place untill needed then unwrap & ready to paint again! No washing brushes and waiting for dry between fast breaks!!!
Word!:cheers:

Some good advice 64dart170. :cheers:
I wrap a paint brush with Oil or Acrylic base paint on it with an old wash cloth and put it in the freezer :-D Works good.

Using enamel paint, I have simply put the brush in a plastic baggy and put in the refrig - good for "several days".
C

the best thing to do to keep paint from stting up is put it in the fridge. but i like the glad wrap idea.

the best thing to do to keep paint from stting up is put it in the fridge. but i like the glad wrap idea.

Yeah, by the time you smash the brush and press-N-seal around it, pretty much air tight! I usually throw it on the kitchen table, micro wave shelf, sink counter, you know, anywhere really. I forgot about them on the sink in the basement before and came back like a week later and started painting again. Only draw back is about after 4-5 restarts the brush is pretty bulked up with paint around the collar and needs to be washed out anyway!!

HEY, I KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS ARE THINKING BUT, Uhhh I was just painting the house cause no one has dropped off cars yet! Contrary to poplar rumors ABodyBetty did NOT TELL me to paint the house. I Swear!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-
Back