How are you all keeping busy?

-

gilberttitan08

Mexican Hillbilly!!!
Reaction score
With all this Covid BS, how are you guys holding up? With all this California excessive overbearing restrictions, I guess it was kinda of a blessing for me. After 14 years of being absent from the pencils, I was able to get back in the saddle and introduce my kids into art. Can’t believe I was about to let go to waste. Decided to do a Tom Hanks in Saving Private Ryan, did some Sponge Bob, Mickey Mouse, and odd requests for the girls.
965D50B0-F718-455C-AD65-D67B5CD96F05.jpeg

Surfin, sittin around all day with the wife. Workin on Vixen and the rat truck on occasion.

Jobs been super busy, ..... work'n on my car projects while buying more.. LOL..... Youtube.... Family, Friends and God.... Haven't had much spare time

Lots of sand blasting and powder coating. I did some serious rust repair on some Toyota Land Cruiser fenders, then he brought me his rusty body shell, and he then brought me his rusty doors. The bottoms were gone, so I hand fabbed everything and voila, new doors. Plus I am helping a friend restore his 56 Studebaker Power Hawk. Busy, Busy, Busy.

Sorting bolts and parts in a basement.

I bought a different house with a bigger basement so I'm trying to make the basement resemble an old dealership parts department.

Extremely time consuming, getting everything moved in and organized.

Got several projects that have been waiting for me to retire....not fully retired by off probably for a few month..

So i am getting a few things done...

Man, I have not missed a day of work! Woo hoo...good for me...? I got my health...and I still get the damn Covid relief payment? At this rate, Ill be the only one on the road. Who am I kidding--even with this stay at home mandate in So. Cal the freeways are still busy at the 6 rush hours we have here. People are already saying 'F it' around here and going back to work.

I rarely ever drink. Post # 8 was a joke.
I find this time of year S U C K S- A S S.
I hate the cold, I hate the short daylight hours. The low angle of the sun sucks. Since Dad passed away in 1995, I haven't enjoyed Christmas much. Every couple of years, another family member passes on so the Holiday gatherings keep getting smaller.
Spring time though.....
Yeah, I LOVE the Spring. Days getting longer, weather getting better....Car shows and swap meets start happening again.

Last edited:
Four project cars.
Got under one yesterday AM, could not get up till about 6 P. M..... bad to be old or woreout.
I only worked on the car 15 minutes, took 6 hours to get back up!!!
Thats how I stay busy!!???

With all this Covid BS, how are you guys holding up? With all this California excessive overbearing restrictions, I guess it was kinda of a blessing for me. After 14 years of being absent from the pencils, I was able to get back in the saddle and introduce my kids into art. Can’t believe I was about to let go to waste. Decided to do a Tom Hanks in Saving Private Ryan, did some Sponge Bob, Mickey Mouse, and odd requests for the girls.
View attachment 1715655452

One of my all-time favorite movies!

That's great artwork!!

Me? There are always projects. Fixed a leaky kitchen drain the other day. I am assembling parts to build a go kart. Reloading ammo and shooting. And always, car stuff. Just finished up a Holley Sniper installation.
20201214_163821.jpg

That's great artwork!!

Me? There are always projects. Fixed a leaky kitchen drain the other day. I am assembling parts to build a go kart. Reloading ammo and shooting. And always, car stuff. Just finished up a Holley Sniper installation.
View attachment 1715655651
How’s the efi? I’m wanting to go EFI on my Powerwagon. I read it’s plug and play. Is it ready to go out of the box?

How’s the efi? I’m wanting to go EFI on my Powerwagon. I read it’s plug and play. Is it ready to go out of the box?

I wouldn't really call it plug and play. You need a good electric pump in line or in the tank, switch all hoses over to fuel injection hose. Then you can install the efi. Which isn't too bad. The throttle /kd interface on the Sniper needs a few parts not included to make it work right.

But it runs great. I had to swap in a higher flow pump to keep up at wot but it starts instantly and runs great. I'm still playing with it.

Everything from restoring a 1957 Airstream Bubble, going over my 96 ACR Neon, getting ready to swap the 273 for a 1956 330 Desoto Hemi in the 67 Barracuda, rebuilt the clothes dryer, sorting, cleaning, and organizing car parts, going to a job interview, and baking Christmas cookies. All the while listening to Christmas music. No problem keeping busy here. Merry Christmas to all!

To kill some time, I made a wood shed with some scraps we had laying around the property, then cut and splitting a bunch of wood to fill it. But mostly, just drinking bourbon on the porch....

20200614_095350.jpg

20200824_115537_resized (2).jpg

20200822_163712 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Game room remodel. Took it back to the studs and re did the plumbing and electrical.

That's great artwork!!

View attachment 1715655651

I noticed you're in Yuma. I just moved here myself. Any chance you know about any local junk yards with A-bodies in them?

-
Back