How bad did I eff up?

-
Now's the time for a cool old school aluminum intake. What carburetor are you using?

I duplicate the correct throw and kick down on junkyard pulls.
16127991717341107397439460313408.jpg

Don’t use the cork end gaskets. Use a bead of silicone and that will make your life much better.

Heavy cast pig iron intakes SUCK. A 460 Ford may be the most offensive intake out there.

Don’t use the cork end gaskets. Use a bead of silicone and that will make your life much better.

Heavy cast pig iron intakes SUCK. A 460 Ford may be the most offensive intake out there.
Ever install a Ford FE factory intake?

Ideas on the intake gasket?
If blue I'll buy new ones.
The kit came with the metal ones.
The heat passage is pretty clogged anyway.
My concern is which one seals better.
Not buying new.

View attachment 1715685971

View attachment 1715685972
I wouldn't use those metal ones with the tiny pinhole for the exhaust crossover. The passageway will plug up in no time. If you get the open ones, those are fine with a good sealer like HiTack or CopperCoat. I like the blue teflon ones by Felpro, except on a resto because of the look and that they won't hold paint. They're great for a driver though.

It's a good thing yall said to do this.
I did a crap job on the intake.
I found a piece of old gasket in the valley.
No idea how it got there since I used a shop vac to clean it before dropping the intake back on.
Embarrassing.
Anyway.
Here's some more info.
I pulled two of the bolts. One of my concerns was the length and bottoming out. Seems the ARP are actually shorter by a thread or two even without the washer.
And I see no mating shoulder under the head for the washer bevel.
Do yall still think I need to put washer under them?
I've got them good and tight now.
I'll check the short ones too.
But I bet its the same on the length.
In the mean time I'm getting the engine hoist back out.
20210210_104309.jpg
20210210_104319.jpg
20210210_104323.jpg

That's the reason I didn't find the washers .
I just looked at the bolts and said cool they go straight in.
The washers were hidden in the packaging and the bolt heads don't appear to have any thing to clue me in.

I just did the hard side.
Drivers
It might be my imagination but I think I felt some bolts go past a "hard" place about 80lb then make 100.
Thanks.

Regarding your intake install, yes, I use silicone over the cork/rubber for the china rails. Downside, expensive can of pressurized can of silicone. Make sure you make the bead close to 1/4" thick. To help with a guide for the intake, cut 2 3/8" bolts so that they stick up about a 1/2" when in the hole, put them one at the rear and one up front on the side of your choice. Aim for one and then the other and let it settle into place.

-
Back