how can i stop a water leak

-

73Scamp

Reaction score
i have a leak somewhere above the dash that leaks water whenever it rains. my windsheild seal looks to be good and i can't see any place it would leak through. i took it to a shop and they said they would pull the windsheild and see if theres any rust if so i would have to re build around there or it might be under the grate between the hood and windsheild, or he said it might be coming from around the door area. i don't see any rust anywhere in that area and there shouldn't be any it was kept in a garage it's entire life untill last year so thats why the problem only popped up last year when i bought it and don't have a garage to keep it in. but i don't get any leakage when diving it only when parked can anyone come up with any suggestions.

thanks
rob
ps i don't have any money to spend to fix this so i'm looking for real cheap ideas thanks
17038150_img.jpg
:salut:

try watching under the dash while someone pours or sprays water, then see if you can see where it's coming in.

I am having the exact problem. I replaced the windshield wiper seals, and the windshield weatherstripping, and I still have the same problem. Has anyone tried some kind of sealant?

:idea1: I had the problem as well...until I found it..Open your hood and look carefully around your upper firewall (just before the cawl/air vent). I had one small hole that was drilled there to hold something and wasn't sealed. I just put a little silicone around a screw and I'm fine now. I was also informed that sometimes, the tube which runs down to the air vent starts to rust at the upper lip end which will also make your foot damp?

Take a look at some of these pic's in the link http://slantsix.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13106&highlight=cowl

You might want to check the fresh air intake gaskets under the dash, mine was leaking from there, one of them was not seated right, just a suggestion.

nope, I know exactly where it is. Under the dash where the fire wall and cowl and body is spot welded together. Especially if your dash is rusted on the backside. I have been wanting to fix mine for awhile. Take off you dash and get some clear caulk and put a thick bead across that ****.

-
Back