How can you tell the difference in seat tracks ??????????

-

duster360

Reaction score
How can you tell the difference in A body seat tracks for bucket seats from the rest of the different body type ( B,E,F ) bucket seat tracks?

yep. Good question and I would like to know too. I have a set of bucket seat tracks I am trying to identify which Mopar they go in !

-RPM

I think you will find the inner seat track is higher than outer due to outer sitting on outside edge of seat pan for a-body Dart anyway. I had 71 E body seats (I think) that had the seat tracks the same height and would not fit properly in my Dart without spacers on the inside.

I would like to know to.The seat tracks I have a guy said they came out of a dart or duster with a cat convertor..He said the leftside was the same but the rightside was differant then the cars without a cat.I also have E body bucket seat tracks and I don,t what to do.One guy at carlisle said that the 63 to 69 sat higher then the 70,s. Mark

I have noticed that the A body seat tracks were shorter on one side. Just didn't know if the other body types had similar setups or if they were all even height on both sides.

On the A-bodies the outer track on both sides are shorter because the car was manufactured for bench seats. It really dosent matter, I have used high back buckets from cordobas and other mopars. My 74 Duster currently have a set of toyota buckets with modified track. I gusimmate that any mopar a-body from 67 thru 76 will have the same approximate track.

-
Back