how clean is to clean to cut up?

-

01blacks4

Reaction score
so I picked up a super clean 67 notch...here in AZ where its been its whole life. and its really nice, a lot cleaner than most that I see people working with. I want a pro/touring type of car...
so am I a fool to cut this car up? no rust, complete 90% flawless interior, running and driving car? should I just buy a basket case to start?

sorry I don't have any pics yet... and its dark outside, ill post them tomorrow..

so how nice is to nice?

thanks..

this is what I want it to end up like

Attachments

• c3cf055cc0.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 427
If there is nothing special about then I would go for it! That car would look sweet like that :glasses7:

Your car man!!! Tear it up all you want and just make sure it stays on the road or the track... =) If you feel guilty... look around to trade with someone who's is less perfect and have them put a little cash on top...

That is fing ugly

LOL its all good Al, I know its no power wagon... :)
I am partial to low and mean though, obviously not your style.....here are a couple of the other cars in my garage...including my 750 HP work truck...but like I said, its no power wagon :)

Attachments

• nsx.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 332
  • nsx2.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 358
  • photo 1.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 357
  • 5YMGY0C59CLK27258_038_LG.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 327
The picture you have doesn't look too hard to pull off with a stock car. The only thing I don't personally like is the fender vents. I see them a lot where I live (fake ones) and it has just made it hard to look at.

Yup. Start with as good a body as you can find. Fixing rust sucks. I thought the same thing about my 67 FB. My brother actually walked up to it and said, "kind of a shame to cut up such a nice car." It was just a /6 auto, nuthin fancy anyway. Way ahead starting with a nice car!!!!

Making it my way!!!!!!!!!!!!:burnout:

yeah the vents and the color are not going to happen....not feeling them at all....

Cool vision :thumbup: I kind of like the vents, but not the light blue color. It needs to be a darker color IMO & the wheels are a bit big. Are those 20's ?

yeah, thinking a dark grey,,,the wheels are 22 in rendering....ill stick to 20, or 19s
where in az are you 6pk?

Phoenix metro area...Not too far from the Pavilions :)

If you had a clean conscience you wouldn't be asking us. I say save the survivor and start with something rougher. You'll be replacing most everything anyways so all you really need is a rust free shell, which should be easy to find in Arizona.

Make it how you want !!
I don't dig the wheels , vents , color , and shaved door handles .
I think you could build a lot better ride that is a little more suttel yet still low and functional.
Hot rodding is about the owner's tastes .
Best of luck !!
Make a build thread so we can see the transformation !

Restored is great. - Especially if you've got a rare or valuable vehicle. I think it's cool to modify a car to suit your personal tastes also. Any old Mopars brought back to life mean less that will go to the crusher. Personally, I'd start with a car that has as many of the parts I need there already.

If I was going to build a tube chassis car with an aluminum floor and a lot of fiberglass body panels, I'd start with a rougher Barracuda. But if I needed most of the factory stuff intact, I'd start with a really clean car.

Restored is great. - Especially if you've got a rare or valuable vehicle. I think it's cool to modify a car to suit your personal tastes also. Any old Mopars brought back to life mean less that will go to the crusher. Personally, I'd start with a car that has as many of the parts I need there already.

If I was going to build a tube chassis car with an aluminum floor and a lot of fiberglass body panels, I'd start with a rougher Barracuda. But if I needed most of the factory stuff intact, I'd start with a really clean car.

agree w/ al on this one

No such thing as too clean to cut, I just try to stay away from rare cars. Everything I cut before the Barracuda have either been 225 or 318 cars. I've seen an original big block Barracuda that was backhalved, caged, ect...; I personally couldn't do that when there are so many /6 cars available, but to each their own and it was done long before these cars became extremely desirable.

Good luck with your build.

-
Back