How close should my fan be without a shroud?

-
Now, I DO realize that taking it to a radiator shop and having them service the core is best, but have you guys had any success cleaning them yourselves? I mentioned before that I used CLR with little success, but then again it was very diluted and only soaked for an hour.

Now, I DO realize that taking it to a radiator shop and having them service the core is best, but have you guys had any success cleaning them yourselves? I mentioned before that I used CLR with little success, but then again it was very diluted and only soaked for an hour.
When they are stopped up that bad, the only way to really do it right is remove the top and bottom of the tanks and rod it out.

That's kinda what I figured. I'm not trying to take any shortcuts here, I was just thinking if there was a way to remedy the problem at home and for less money, I would try that.

It's a shame that this is the only thing keeping this car from being a reliable daily driver, because it really is a dream to drive. Quiet, comfortable, everything is tight as a drum.

That's kinda what I figured. I'm not trying to take any shortcuts here, I was just thinking if there was a way to remedy the problem at home and for less money, I would try that.

It's a shame that this is the only thing keeping this car from being a reliable daily driver, because it really is a dream to drive. Quiet, comfortable, everything is tight as a drum.
You'll also get to see if it can "stand" rodding out. If it can't, you really need another one anyway.

The sad part is that I will likely pay as much to have it serviced as I would if I bought a replacement.

-
Back