How comfy are original buckets?

-

Idaho

Reaction score
I have a set of buckets from a 74 Dart Sport that I could use for my Demon clone project. Original look is not a big thing for me. I'd like to be comfy. Seems those originals don't have much contour or adjustment but I've never sat in them to know.

So I'm looking for opinions. There's likely lots of good seats at the wrecking yard.

One type I don't really care for are the ones that have very high backs with holes, so don't suggest them. To me they don't look right.

no, i cannot say that origional mopar seat are comfy!. i do not like them for the fact is the bottoms are flat, and try taking fast turns, you tend to want to slide

I recently saw a demon with Scat Procar seats in it. Looked good and they look very supportive. Might be worth a look

They are a seat and offer little more than a place to put your butt. If you don't need originality, you have a world of better options available.

I've never done upholstery work, but here is a question. When you put a new set of covers on some oem buckets, couldn't you add a little more support i.e. different/firmer padding, maybe a lumbar set up from a newer vehicle? I'm going to be covering mine with the help of a friend that does upholstery, and I want to try to make them more comfortable.

I have a set of buckets from a 74 Dart Sport that I could use for my Demon clone project. Original look is not a big thing for me. I'd like to be comfy. Seems those originals don't have much contour or adjustment but I've never sat in them to know.

So I'm looking for opinions. There's likely lots of good seats at the wrecking yard.

One type I don't really care for are the ones that have very high backs with holes, so don't suggest them. To me they don't look right.

If you are looking to get rid of the I might be interested

metallidart said:
I've never done upholstery work, but here is a question. When you put a new set of covers on some oem buckets, couldn't you add a little more support i.e. different/firmer padding, maybe a lumbar set up from a newer vehicle? I'm going to be covering mine with the help of a friend that does upholstery, and I want to try to make them more comfortable.

Yes you could add more support to the seat with more contours and firmness. But doing this will force custom covers made from new patterns.

I guess they feel like I would have guessed.
I'll check the wreckers. Maybe a nice caddy power set :)
I'll put these for sale when I find something.
I imagine shipping may be an obstacle.

I had a set in a 70 Duster and they were about as comfortable as sitting on the ground. I am keeping the bench seat in my Valiant cause it is very comfortable.

-
Back