how did this come from the factory

-

trudysduster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
on a 69 valiant 225 /6. how was this air cleaner held down. nut, wing nut or something else. I am thinking a wing nut. thanks Bill

Attachments

• DSC07733.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 463
Looks nice. Should be a stud with a wingnut.

GEO, where can you find a new thermostatic sensor that looks like that? I have it on my 1970 Air cleaner as well.

How would you go about restoring this sensor and its respective snorkel motor? I know its very hard to find this exact style. The 1970 heated air intake was the first year, and the factory service manual is awesome at explaining how to service it.

Sorry to kinda steal the thread. Thanks!

Yes, a wing-nut and a washer would do you just fine for the air cleaner.

GEO, where can you find a new thermostatic sensor that looks like that? I have it on my 1970 Air cleaner as well.

How would you go about restoring this sensor and its respective snorkel motor? I know its very hard to find this exact style. The 1970 heated air intake was the first year, and the factory service manual is awesome at explaining how to service it.

Sorry to kinda steal the thread. Thanks!

Yes, a wing-nut and a washer would do you just fine for the air cleaner.

Mine is the original one , I just cleaned it out with gumout spray

That's what I was thinking! I'm replacing my 1920 with a BBS this spring (warped bowl), and I'll touch up the Air Cleaner to really make it look nice. Thanks.

thanks, I bought a new NOS one and after I did all that found the original one that came on the air cleaner. too many parts scattered around. Try to keep all of it in a box but its hard sometime when you get into the rhythm of tearing down something. its all good.

-
Back