How did you ship your steering box?

-

1994redram

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at shipping my power steering gearbox to firm feel when I get back home. I have the original box and the awful rebuilt unit from rock auto. Firm feel offered to buy my extra steering box and accept my core. After checking around, shipping seems to be pretty high. What's the best/cheapest way to get it to them?

I have not done it lately, but you used to be able to ship things like that via Greyhound Bus for less than half of UPS. Before I learned how to rebuild 4 speeds, I sent a tranny to be rebuilt by taking it to the local bus station. It cost less than half of what UPS wanted. Give the local bus station a call.

I've shipped via greyhound, it's a great way to ship stuff. And I pass the OKC station everyday on the way into work. But I've always had to go and pick my stuff up at the station. I think in this case I need it to go directly to firm feel.

You (or someone you know) coming to the Nationals next week? If so, drop it off at Steer and Gear who can rebuild it to one of 3 levels- same as Firm Feel. Save on shipping at least one way.

In a Milk Bone box via FedEX, but from feel is just across the river from me. Been their once, great guys, nice clean facility.

For standard shipping options, FedEx Ground is normally the cheapest route, Greyhound and Fastenal excluded.

Try to find a usps flat rate package. I've shipped lead bricks by flat rate.

Fly it in with a drone....

I do have a drone. I've gotten pretty good at chasing the dog and kids around the house. But I would need about 50 more drones to carry the weight. So that isn't very cost efficient. :lol:

I'll try to get a flat rate box if they're big enough. If not, I do have a large milk bone box. I'm sure the dog wouldn't mind finishing them off to empty the box.

-
Back