How do i find the thread the guy making Light weight bumper brackets

-

73dart360

Reaction score
I am looking for the thread where the guy was going to make light weight bumper brackets,It was a while back , If someone could help me find the thread I`d appreciate it.

I believe Racingduster talked about making them, just search for threads started by him....

These held the front bumper on my Barracuda for 10+ years.

One bracket each side.

Weight: 1.6 oz each (Yes, 1.6 oz not 16 oz)

DSC00109.jpg

That would be me. I have a bunch of duster one's made, but They need a little more work to get them perfect. I took last year off of working on them cause of family/personal deals (broken leg, and the birth of my boy).

I will be starting these up again in the spring.

I have the 70-72 Duster style started and going(just need some attention on one area)
70-72 dart are in proto type mode
as is the 68 Dart.

what style are you looking for?

Just looked at the other thread. Looks like you say 22 oz a side but looks like you were not to sure about that. Thats pretty good. Would be around 2.75 LB a set or so. Think stock ones are 12 lb or so.

Just looked at the other thread. Looks like you say 22 oz a side but looks like you were not to sure about that. Thats pretty good. Would be around 2.75 LB a set or so. Think stock ones are 12 lb or so.

I forgot that I posted the weights. My guess is that your looking for a dart set?

Ya sorry I forgot you did too and I was the one that asked. LOL

No not any more I got a set of glass mounts a few months back. Just was wondering how they stack up.

Yeah, 2011 was a busy year for me. This year my roommates are moving out (next month!) So I'll have more room in my shop to get stuff like this going again.

I really need to get these sold, I NEED to finish my race car this year! and this stuff is gonna pay for it.

If I remember right the inners for the Duster are fine its the outters that i had problems with on the CAD drawing.

Thanks Burntorange70, you got me all worked up on my car again. LOL

I think when I get my son down for a nap I'll go out to the shop and get my file off my other computer and remember where I was at with these

-
Back