how do I get my #$%@##$%^% windows clean?

-
Windex and plain newspaper is what i use, it even polishes out light scratches.
I'll look for some Sprayway, that stuff has got me intrigued now.....
I've used "Simple Green" to take off overspray in my interior and it worked very well especially on dash pads and rubber.
Wax is a good idea on the outside as well to clean and protect.

Wow you guys never stop comin.Thanks for all the advice.I may be wrong but my feeling on the wax is that at nightime i might get the distortion from car lights.Although wax leaves a nice protective film i really think it distorts the light.Mullinax I like your ideas.I think your in the business,so I have to consider what you say.8)

As long as it doesn't have factory tint on it or tint in general I used to know a guy that swore by taking laquer thinner on a rag and wipeing it down with that. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK*********************************************************

I use Bar Keepers Friend. How I found out how good it works was I was trying to remove water spot build up on my house windows from the wind blowing water from my sprinklers. I have well water and was getting calcium/mineral deposits. I tryed all the cleaners that were supposed to be for just this purpose and they all worked crappy. I have the Bar Keepers Friend under my sink for cleaning my stainless sink and appliances and thought what the heck.

The stuff makes glass look like brand new. It is a dry powder like Comet. I use the "blue sponge" Scotchbright kitchen pad/sponge with it. DON'T use the "yellow/green" pad it will scratch the glass and chrome!

It is the only thing I use now for removing any stains anywhere.

Chuck

My mother used to use white vinegar and newspaper. Believe me it works, I ran into the sliding glass door more than once.
:D

Wow you guys never stop comin.Thanks for all the advice.I may be wrong but my feeling on the wax is that at nightime i might get the distortion from car lights.Although wax leaves a nice protective film i really think it distorts the light.Mullinax I like your ideas.I think your in the business,so I have to consider what you say.8)

Yes sir I am. I talked to the boss today about your situation. He has replaced windshields that have damaged by people trying to remove the water spots. Steel wool seems to be the most popular choice of attack but most damaging as well. My boss said that steel wool damage is mostly because people use it to remove bug residue.

If I understand what you're talking the spots will not come off with any kind of cleaning material. The glass is actually etched is what really is taking place.

I was the Quality Manager in a PPG (ex Chrysler) automotive side glass plant. To remove fine spots from our processing we used vinegar in our wash (smelled like a pickle factory on bad days), very fine steel wool or 6000 grit sand paper. I know the sand paper is expensive and hard to find but this is what must have been the best methods as it is what we used. Our plant closed (Evart MI) but I found a way to get enough of each of these to keep my Barracuda windows like new.

-
Back