How do I remove TB adjuster from LCA?

-

snapetwo

Reaction score
Forgive me if i double posted, didn't see what I was looking for.

I just yanked the front suspension outta my dart, waiting on new TBs, installing a pst rebuild kit. The TB adjusters look pretty rusty and worn, found some for $20 a set on craiglist, look good.

How the hell do i remove these from the LCA? I already pressed in new bushings into the LCA, but don't see any way to get the adjusters out. That adjuste screw just turns and turns (not designed to screw out of the ajuster block i think).

Any ideas? how to's?

Thanks

DANG!!!! more time to spend with the cut off wheel.
Thanks. I figured it was designed to not unbolt all the way.
I'll have to look a little better, see if they are stripped.

Forgive me if i double posted, didn't see what I was looking for.

I just yanked the front suspension outta my dart, waiting on new TBs, installing a pst rebuild kit. The TB adjusters look pretty rusty and worn, found some for $20 a set on craiglist, look good.

How the hell do i remove these from the LCA? I already pressed in new bushings into the LCA, but don't see any way to get the adjusters out. That adjuste screw just turns and turns (not designed to screw out of the ajuster block i think).

Any ideas? how to's?

Thanks

New ones are $35 each. I was a little neverous since they are fine thread and I was putting higher spring rate TB in. Since mine had some rust on them and it got chased off going thru the threads in the plate I figured they were now shorter threads by some amount. So I replace them with new.

-
Back