How do most of you ship parts?

-

mjhallas

Reaction score
Can I get some examples of how to ship parts such as who to ship with, how to prepare items, and the best way to collect payment. Long time car guy but new to this on-line stuff. I want to protect myself and the person I'm dealing with. Thanks for any comments. Mike

I usually use USPS or UPS for shipping most parts and generally I just use a box that the part will fit into and newspaper, bubble wrap or air bags as packing material. Sometimes I use packing peanuts, it all depends on the kind of part that I am shipping out.

The most conveinient way is UPS, however for small parts I use USPS. Get a money order and do not accept western union ... it can be cancelled: especially from overseas scammers that offer double the price then ask that you pay a "broker" his fee.

You can accept Western Union...Just hold product until it until it clears the bank :)

On the smaller stuff I use USPS. And for heavy and large Fed-Ex. But the exception is when the part is very heavy and will fit inside a USPS flat rate box. Nothing like sending 40lbs for $9.

Thanks for the answers to my questions. It may have sounded like common sense to some but having never dealt with this type of exchange, it seems like we need to be mighty trustwothy with our on-line friends. Thanks again.

I will ship smaller stuff via post office. Insured fully. Cheap cheap.
Bigger items go Fed-Ex. There the cheapest I have found on big parts.

Bubble wrap fragile items like crazy. For the cost of it, it is cheap Insurance to do so. The item is well packed if nothing rattles and it isn't jammmmed inside.

Post office...Parcel post whenever possible.

Be careful with some of those fly by night UPS locations. They sometimes charge extra.

I usually get on the internet and do a price comparison before I ship.

ship ups, or usps for the smaller stuff, but have found that Greyhound is way cheaper than ups or fedex for the bigger stuff

i have found that greyhound works well for most things and is not all that expensive (we ship a lot of aircraft parts back and forth that way at work).
also i have found that for large heavy items that a frieght/trucking company works well and is also not bad for price. little stuff canada post is the way to go

-
Back