how do my Cop wheels look?

-

sparkey

6 pack wanter
Reaction score
finaly nice enough to pull it outside (and the snow banking is gone)

kathyscam073da8.jpg

kathyscam074xt9.jpg

Scott

you asked so here goes... That style wheel looks good on a lot of cars but not convertibles in my opinion. sorry

I love steelies, but something about the magnums on the 66/67s just works best for me. Beautiful car, would love to cruise in it!

I love steelies, but something about the magnums on the 66/67s just works best for me. Beautiful car, would love to cruise in it!

I agree with you on the Chrome magnums
this was a temporary cheep alternative (had to get 15 inch rims for the front disk conversion)

and am kinda tossed between the magnums and torque thrusts...=P~

Scott

you asked so here goes... That style wheel looks good on a lot of cars but not convertibles in my opinion. sorry

I never thought theyd look different on a convertible, till you mentioned it..

you cant see the slots in the rims (from the black paint)

the car will someday be painted back to the original color (turquoise)

then thed show up better..

Scott

Thanks for the props
It is only a driver
at least a 20 footer
but runs great and didnt cost a fortune and i can afford to work on it and drive it.

Scott

I had a 66 sattelite with the same wheels,i loved the way it looked better than any other wheel.In fact the rear wheels must have been some custom made jobs,they were 15x9.5s with 275/60/15s bfgs on them.They fit like a glove with about 1/2 inch all around clearance,everybody seemed to like that car,thats why i dont have it any more,wanted it worse than even me,lol

I never thought theyd look different on a convertible, till you mentioned it..

I don't think it's because it's a convertible, i think it's the stance of the car. It needs a bit of a rake to make it look more aggressive and then those wheels will pop!

I agree with you on the Chrome magnums
this was a temporary cheep alternative (had to get 15 inch rims for the front disk conversion)

and am kinda tossed between the magnums and torque thrusts...=P~

Scott

Magnums all the way!

to me those dog dish wheels make it look more sophisticated, which is very nice.
the magnums on the other hand, make it look a bit more mean.8)

Sparkey, a slightly fatter/taller tire on the rears and she'll be perfect. :thumblef:

to me those dog dish wheels make it look more sophisticated, which is very nice.
the magnums on the other hand, make it look a bit more mean.8)

Sparkey, a slightly fatter/taller tire on the rears and she'll be perfect. :thumblef:

I had herd that a 275 60 15 will fit, i went with 255 60 15 in rear
and 245 60 15 in the front.

as soon as this storm passes through i'll take a few pics showing the Fat tires in the rear:toothy10:

scott

Another nickname for those is poverty caps. OEM for base model cars.
Sleepers with less show and more go.
I doubt they were ever correct for a convertible.
I'd like to see rallyes on that car.

Tony do you think it would look better if i turned them to the black wall side?

Scott

Scott,

If they were turned around, I think the wheels should be body color.

Just my opinion....I never cared for the large white letters.

Good looking car BTW

Tony

hey spark, do you have a picture of the car from the rear?
put it up if ya got it. im loving this car!

Personally, I don't like it the way that it sits.

Maybe putting the blackwalls out would help. Redlines would look better, but that may not be the appearance that you want.

When you re-paint it the original colour, then they should make more of a statement. Right now, with the silver paint and the "chrome" caps, it kinda takes away from the simplicity of the rim. You just don't see them.

I love the car. It's absolutely beautiful. Wish I owned it, my wife loves 'verts. Me not so much, I'm a hardtop kinda guy. But a happy spouse is a happy house:love7:.

Again, beauty car.

-
Back