how do people make money?

-
Cardlock are fuel stations designed for fleet and large trucks, typically unmanned. Not just pay at the pump.

Alan

that sure would make sense, but what a round about way to go (for the thieves)

i wonder what my moral obligation is in a case like this
I don't think there is a moral obligation. There's really not a lot you can do. I don't think I'd let it worry you.

Cardlock are fuel stations designed for fleet and large trucks, typically unmanned. Not just pay at the pump.

Alan
[/Qset.
Okay, I get it now. I have one of those big rig only stations just up the road in california. Have to have the right kind of corporate credit card.
I had just never heard that term for it before.

That isn't card theft. Thieves aren't getting rich selling diesel jugs for under $20 when you can find 'em on the side of the highway. Card theft guys are buying TV's and Apple stuff and gold bullion off eBay.
Porch piracy maybe, but the guy is good, three-day shipping a jug that invoiced out literally the day before it arrived.

I'm telling you, those aren't what's happening here.

OP, call AZ and ask 'em? I know they got phones...I used to answer 'em.

Your local Autozone should have had this in stock. Also, this store number 6933 could be a hub store or a distribution center. Note the phone number on the receipt.

the local AZ is likely just a hub/fulfillment for a variety of orders/venders/sellers

AZ gets massive discounted wholesale on jug, ebayer gets jobber on jug, 3rd party ships. everybody gets a piece of the pie.

dude in VN makes 2 bucks, 5 bucks or whatever for doing literally nothing, AZ makes 8~10 for just having what they were gonna have in stock anyway and they don't care who they're selling to, shipping makes their nickle and completes the cycle.

the receipt is probably just a glitch in the system. everything has to have an invoice or paper trail to track sales/inventory and so that just gets printed off at the terminal. there's probably a part of their process in budget reconciliation that accounts for it, but to simplify the transaction they just print it off this way.

-
Back