how do you sleeve pshrod holes?

-

abdywgn

dismantler
Reaction score
what tubing size do you use? what reamer size? I'm interested in doing a pair of 587's if for no other reason to say I did...and hopefully it works. Thanks! Bob

I'm curious. Why would one sleeve a pushrod hole? Most people are opening them up for 1:6 rockers and stuff. Has it been opened up to a point that it breaks thru into the runner area? Or maybe porting? Curious minds need to know. Thanks.

My alum eddy heads have sleeves put in where the porter got into the runners. No big deal. I have seen copper and alum tubing used.

Sleeving the pushrod holes in the 587 head will yield no significant change until the most extreme upper lifts and flows. By this I mean, until you are in the 280-300 cfm range and .600"-.700" lifts in those heads, you will reap no benefit. Then you might see 4-5 cfm gain if you are fortunate.

The pushrod pinch area of the 587 head, without sleeving it, is capable of 292 & 298 cfm at .600" & .700" lift.

A-n-y-w-a-y. You can use a 9/16" X .014" wall brass tubing, ream the pushrod hole to 9/16", coat the tube with Loctite Sleeve Retainer and press the tubing into the reamed hole.

Thank-you IQ52! both for the sizes and the flow numbers. time appears to be better spent elsewhere at this point. Thanks again! Bob

-
Back