How does this pulley come off?

-

keith9291

Reaction score
DSC01768.jpg

DSC01769.jpg

I want to get the pulley powder coated but I am not sure if iits just a nut I can twist off or not. Has anyone take one off before?

Also does anyone know if there is a rebuild kit for these federal pumps? I was thinking of having it powder coated also.....may have some more stuff for you Leanna

It is a press on press off. It requires a special puller to grasp the flange and is pulled back on using the threaded hole in the shaft.

I beleive you will need the little tool in the pic. It can be bought for about $25 and can be used for alt pully's too.

tools.JPG

I got mine at Auto Value, I'm sure any of the big store chains should have one. It wasn't special order I just walked in and got it. I'd think napa would have one.

Thanks everyone I will ask my parts store if they have one....

Leanna, thanks parts looks wonderful as always.

The treaded hole in the middle is for another tool that screws in the middle then uses a flat washer/bearing assem that is on the shaft, you then turn a nut that draws it on. If you press it you have to remove the can or you'll destroy the can.

... Leanna, thanks parts looks wonderful as always.

Thank you Keith!!! I'm delighted you're happy with the results. I'll be adding some photos to the website in a day or two ... you're getting a pretty good collection on there! :-D

Thanks again for being a fabulous repeat customer.

-
Back