How far can I safely mill a 360 J head?

-

myasylum

Reaction score
I plan to mill my heads for my 360, but I am unsure of how far to go.
Has anyone tired this with success, is there an area to stay close too for best power?
Also, I then assume you also have to shave off the intake side as well? .0123 for every .010?

On a budget what are the main things to have done to the head?

Thanks!

i have a set that cut down to 58 cc...

dont know how much they were cut since they came on an engine...but they have been cut alot...

I plan to mill my heads for my 360, but I am unsure of how far to go.
Has anyone tired this with success, is there an area to stay close too for best power?
Also, I then assume you also have to shave off the intake side as well? .0123 for every .010?

On a budget what are the main things to have done to the head?

Thanks!
Just had my 596 heads cut .0720 from the head gasket side and .0686 from the intake side. With .040 head gasket and pistons .090 in the hole, gives exactly 52 cc heads and 9.48 compression ratio. Still assembling the engine. Should be running on the test stand next week.

Many moons ago I cut a set of X heads .125. That is alot. I just cut my J heads .080 with no problem.

.................U can angle mill the heads alot, then u dont have to mill the intake side, not sure how much though........kim............

That is possible but then you open a whole new can of worms. Header fitment,valve/rocker geometry issues and it changes the intake to head angle.

1703303700884.jpeg

1703303810487.jpeg

-
Back