How far East?

-
and if you don't mind me asking....what were you looking for as far as wages are concerrned? I have a couple of good friends who are contractors...I could check with them and see what you could expect here as far as $$ goes.

Halifax will be booming in the near future too, now that they have won a 25 billion dollar shipbuilding contract. They will be offering lots of ship building jobs and with new jobs will come lots of new people and therefor new housing etc....

and if you don't mind me asking....what were you looking for as far as wages are concerrned? I have a couple of good friends who are contractors...I could check with them and see what you could expect here as far as $$ goes.
I know wages will be lower than out here but i am also assuming cost of living will be lower as well.In terms of what I would expect for wages I'ld allow my work to determine that. As I said earlier i have 20 years experience and am currently the forman on a $13 000 000.00 custom home.All i expect from anyone is fairness. Thanks for checking around for me.:D

coming from the seattle area born and raised and regurlally visiting Vancouver Isl. and the greater Vancouver area, why on earth would you want to move from one of the most vibrant and just plain cool areas in N. america??
i hope its not because you think living on a island makes you think you're kinda isolated! think again, man. it could be worse.. lol!!

coming from the seattle area born and raised and regurlally visiting Vancouver Isl. and the greater Vancouver area, why on earth would you want to move from one of the most vibrant and just plain cool areas in N. america??
i hope its not because you think living on a island makes you think you're kinda isolated! think again, man. it could be worse.. lol!!
Dude I'm already on an island. Your right about one of the nicest places in North America but it comes with such a high cost of living. Maybe I'm just going through mid life crisis. I'm not real close with my family even though they are all within 20 minutes of me. Just think I want to start over with a clean slate.

The east coast has some pretty spectacular places too....and the laid back lifestyle here appeals to a lot of folks. The maritimes is poised for a boom of sorts....lots of mineral exploration going on around...and with so many trades people gone out west in search of their fortunes...a lot of opportunities here for the right people.

You could always check out the province next door. Usually a booming place for the trades and whenever there is an economic downturn Alberta seems to turn around fast with the oil & gas industry being so big here. I have a brother who is a Journeyman Industrial Carpenter and he makes about $37/hr for a home every night job. If he didn't mind going out of town he could probably make $50+/hr.

-
Back