How fast will it go?

-

Mister Twister

Reaction score
We have been running A 75 stock 225/6 with over 100,000 miles, full body 72 TwIsTeR 3,170 pounds. The first pass 20.2 after A few mods, PowerPipe-DC Exhaust Manifolds, 2BBL carb, Pertronics dist kit, curv kit, 3200 10" converter, 3.91 now 8 3/4 we are running 27" tall tire, The stock cam pulls close to 4000rpm give or take A little. This is what we go through the traps @ peeerrrrfict!! Now running 17.78) How much faster will it go? We will put the turbo motor in when the E.T. stops droping with this stock motor!!! Still gettin the feel of the car, more seat time would be good anyway. Talk to yall soon. Hope this helps you slant/6 Don

Pertronics dist kit, curv kit.
I will need this info some time.:read2:
Get the gas real cold and let it hit the cylinders
Do you run skinny front tires?
an alignment does miracles..:cheers:

You are getting the /6 down the track for your set up.
a lighter rear end might help. maybe not, Just thinking.
I wonder how fast it would be with all side glass out and int?

Hello memike, The Pertronics kit you're talking about was a very easy installation and you should have no problems. I'm here if you need anything.

Fuel: Funny you mention that. We started changing the fuel system to the fuel injected supply system. This can run on the stock system until the turbo is mounted. Just by removing the line off the heater (stock fuel pump) and this drops the temperature considerably. Let alone add a cooling can or somthing of that nature. Great minds think alike. :cheers:

I don't run skinny tires on my Twister. I have 195 70x14 on it now. I know it's a little short but the car is lowered 2 inches so the tires don't look that small. I'm an alignment tech and the guys at the alignment shop let me align my own because they don't even know what it is.

You are 100% correct my friend. The 7 1/4 rearend requires approx. 4 hp to turn and the 8 1/4 is approx. 6 and the 8 3/4 is approx. 8. I'll have to get the extra hp somewhere else. We have to change this rearend periodically for different tracks. It only takes about 30 minutes to change my gear. This is why we chose the quick changing 8 3/4.

The interior stays as I plan to also show the car when I get her done. I am going to lighten it up some more, however, with some glass around my a**. Diva bought me glass bumpers for Christmas and I have a glass deck lid. Fenders and hood next. That ought to lighten it up some.

theres a thing called CRYO2 its co2 basicly and you can use it to cool the intake charge so the air coming in is more dense meaning more air at once and more power and keeps the car cool. they also have a fuel bar that will cool your fuel down. im going to run this on my 360 so that when i use it, it will be like a nice cool morning

by your track times, i would guess that your stock setup was about 110 hp to the wheels, and your new setup is probably 15-20 more. i think that your improvement in times is due mostly to your converter and gear and taller tire. while it takes more horses to turn the rear end, with that converter your launching much higher into the powerband so your getting much more torque at launch.
is this turbo system going to be carbureted? i would recommend not due to tuning issues, and if you go with an easier-to-tune drawthrough setup, you can't intercool it. you can with a blow-thru but the tuning is a nightmare. best bet is to adapt to an EFI setup, its VERY tunable and you can run a big intercooler and bigger turbo. as for hp, the sky's the limit provided your bottom end is strong enough. i think a full-race prepped, properly turbo-ed /6 could easily top 700hp.
just my $.02 but i could talk forced induction all day! love that stuff, especially when its NOT on a japanese rice-banger motor.
-tim

Hello all thanks for your input. Yes the turbo motor, is giong to be a blow through. I have been told it would be hard to tune, We love a challange!!! Car was in the 20.'s with these mods only, 2bbl, PowerPipe-DC exhaust, Pertronics, Stock 2.76 gear, stock converter, going through the traps 4000rpm 2nd gear, now in the 18.'s
http://www.stormcomm.net/Picture53.MOV
Yes the converter 1/2 sec in the 1/8 mile with no gain @ the end. The 3.91 made A big change in the launch, 1 full second now in the 17.'s
http://www.stormcomm.net/cathi/2008-01-10/000_1181.mov
We are shooting for the 13. second range. Check out this stock cam and head slant car!! With turbo and A blow through?:read2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPe_vHwZsF4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd6hFGzLJMc&feature=related

Thanks Mister Twister!!
I enjoyed your posts and glad you and Diva are with us.
can you help me with the size pipe I need to run to the exit
on these great PowerPipe-DC exhaust.
Can you tell me the i.d of the two exit flanges?
I am not going to build a racer , but a show and driver 170 /6.
It is a number matching 63 Valiant 4 door 50k on it.
You have know idea how great it was when I seen your
powerpipe's on a motor that had a intake and carb for sale on ebey.
I was the one that ask seller a question on it.
thanks again Mister Twister.:cheers:

dodgedeva.jpg

All the sets that were sold this year. Still did not have anyone say they dont fit!! Should be no problem with your 63 Valiant. Thank again Don

All the sets that were sold this year. Still did not have anyone say they dont fit!! Should be no problem with your 63 Valiant. Thank again Don

How do I get a set. I will need some directions again??

We installed the fuel supply, there is A big change, keeping the pressure up, seem's that we picked up alot of MPH. back to test and tune with the little stocker. How much gain? We will see, going to say 1/4 to 1/2 seecond, any other guess? Talk to yall soon Don.

-
Back