How hard is it to change 170 motor mounts?

-

wh23g3g

Reaction score
On my 65 Valiant I need to change the passenger side motor mount. It's been sitting up for years so I was going to replace everything on that side of the motor as well. So I'm getting a new coil, fuel pump, distributor, and oil pump. I replaced the driver's side motor mount when I did the manifold and it wasn't bad. But this side looks hard. It's hard enough finding the mount. What do I need to replace the oil pump and motor mount? I know they will be the hardest to replace. It says to jack it up and pry the motor sideways and stick a block in the corner of the frame between the motor and it will give you just enough clearance to change the oil pump. Is it really difficult to change?

Make sure to loosen up the opposite motor mount. I use a 2X4 across the bottom of the oil pan so as not to bend it out of shape. New mounts are available both in cheap and expensive models (even Poly).
Don't buy a remanufactured Distributor they just aren't worth the headaches. Maybe its time to convert to HEI or EI.
Frank

-
Back