How hard is it to dye a dash cover?

-
lay down lots of paper (its a good idea to tape the seams) so there is no over-spray and open all the windows (fan might be a good idea too), your gonna need a lot of ventilation if she has a good nose. Make sure the part is scuffed and clean, clean, clean and use the SEM dye.

it is easy- first remove something inside the car that is the color of your choice - thank it to lowes or home depot, have them mix the paint win a quart that is a satin finish oil based, clean the cover with westlys bleach white, mask off and apply with a good brush - brush strokes will not show b/c of grains in vinyl. total cost less than $20. click on my thread in my signature and look over the door panels this is how i did that.

If the color is available in a spray can, the Sem products for vinyl and plastic are lacquer based so the stuff drys almost instantly. Take it outdoor to spray it.

I used SEM vinyl and plastic dye on velour seat covers and it worked fine and lasted for several years until new seat covers were in the budget. It makes the velour a little stiff and scratchy but softened up over time.

-
Back