How many 69 Barracuda Fastbacks do we have here?

-

harrisonm

Reaction score
I was just wondering how many 1969 Barracuda Fastbacks we have on this form. Post a picture and tell us about the car.
I have had my car for going on 35 years. I've restored it twice. I finished the first restoration in 1995. I did ALL the work myself. I painted it with lacquer paint; base and clear. It looked really good for about 16 years, but the Kansas summers were not kind to the lacquer. The paint was spider webbing and cracking a little. But it was too much for me, so I blew it completely apart around 2012. Stripped it to bare metal, fixed a bunch of rust spots, did all the body work, block sanded primer, fixed bad spots, sprayed more primer, block sanded more, then sprayed it with urethane base clear. I did all the work myself. The first time I restored it, I did not know how to weld, so all rust repair was done with fiberglass and Bondo. Now I can fab and weld in patch panels, so I redid all the fiberglass repairs with metal and MIG. While I was at it, I went ahead and got new carpet and replaced a lot of things that were not in the budget the first time. The pictures below are from the second restoration. I got a lot of help from my wife of 52 years, Karen. She helped strip the paint, grind off the dried stripped paint to bare metal, block sand primer and anything else I needed help with.

Cuda01.png

Cuda05.JPG

Cuda07.JPG

Cuda19.png

Cuda34.JPG

Cuda40.png

Cuda58.JPG

Cuda61.JPG

Last edited:
The first time I restored it, I did not know how to weld, so all rust repair was done with fiberglass and Bondo. Now I can fab and weld in patch panels,
Car looks real nice.

I put fiberglass and a snow shovel in the floor of my '69 back in the 80s at which time I fixed all the water leaks that caused the rusted floor. Now with the 6 speed swap I just started this year I completed a full floor replacement. I still have fiberglass and bondo in both 1/4s have full AMD panels in storage hope to get that done in future. I have done several other non mopar cars full restorations a lot of butt welding in patch panels block sanding etc. So like you I gained the required skills to avoid fiberglass etc next time around.

Epoxy Prepped Underneath 2.jpg

Epoxy Prepped Underneath 5.jpg

-
Back