how many door panel clips do i need?

-

Dodgenut64

Reaction score
I have a 64 dart convertible that was apart when i got it. I just got new door skins and was wondering if anyone knows how many door panel clips ill need for both front and rear panels (all 4). Would counting the holes on back on the door panels be the amount i need? Thanks

Counting the holes would be safe bet. Occasionally you'll find a hole the factory didn't use. You could also go to the Legendary Auto Interior site, download their catalog and view how many clips are specified for your panel. Having extra clips is not a bad thing as they do get boogered up sometimes.

year one has them but they get you on shipping. my 66 takes 10 on the doors and 2 on the rear panels. 1 bag came with enough for a front and rear panel. $13.20 per bag of 12. i ordered 2 bags for a total of $26.40 PLUS $10.32 shipping.
i did try r/t on the 8th but still havent heard back from them.

An upholstery or trim shop near you may have them. I really dont like the early X wire type clips. I robbed all the clips from a 75 Valiant. Those are made different.
The factory always finds spots where the clip needs a little insulater between panel and door. I just put a thin foam pad on all of them.

You need 12 clips per panel on the fronts and 4 clips per panel on the rears. Hope this helps. Eric @Legendary Auto Ineteriors, Ltd.

-
Back