How Many Made

-

dodgeboy413

Reaction score
I recently picked up a 65 Valiant 100 2 door post.I have a 64 Signet hardtop that I am sticking a big block in and was going to use this post car instead.However, after checking the car over and looking at the original build sheet this car has zero and I mean zero options.I have evry reciept including the original bill of sale.I even have any and all repairs including replacing a light bulb or a wiper blade.No side mirrors,no rear armrests,no radio,no cigarette lighter,no backup lights,no power steering,no power brakes,/6,three on the tree,rubber floor mats,no day and night mirror,no inside lights except dome(standard equipment),no rear seatbelts,single speed wipers,no windshield washer,no 4 way flashers,no trim inside or out,bench seat,no rear defroster,etc.How many could there have been?How many could be left?This has to be the most documented car as far as every reciept for anything everdone since it was new.If anyone out there knows how many there are I will thank you in advance.dodgeboy413 .

dodgeboy413 said:
I recently picked up a 65 Valiant 100 2 door post.I have a 64 Signet hardtop that I am sticking a big block in and was going to use this post car instead.However, after checking the car over and looking at the original build sheet this car has zero and I mean zero options.I have evry reciept including the original bill of sale.I even have any and all repairs including replacing a light bulb or a wiper blade.No side mirrors,no rear armrests,no radio,no cigarette lighter,no backup lights,no power steering,no power brakes,/6,three on the tree,rubber floor mats,no day and night mirror,no inside lights except dome(standard equipment),no rear seatbelts,single speed wipers,no windshield washer,no 4 way flashers,no trim inside or out,bench seat,no rear defroster,etc.How many could there have been?How many could be left?This has to be the most documented car as far as every reciept for anything everdone since it was new.If anyone out there knows how many there are I will thank you in advance.dodgeboy413 .

id have to say.. ONE.. and you have it...

can we see?

:worthles:

I would suggest contacting Galen.

Your car was not all that rare,
but was not sold New in NY State, and prob not Calif.
as the back up lights were mandatory in NY,
in 1965 model year.

My Dad bought a 1965, 2 dr post, 225/ 6, 3 on the tree,
no radio, rubber floor mat, etc car new; from Armory Chrysler/Plymouth.

There were other "stripper" cars on the lot, in other colors,
he liked the light blue,vs Brown, etc.

There were more 2 dr Post made, than Signets though.

Was the 64 Signet, a 6 cyl car, or V8?

The Vin will start with a V, if V8.

There was 26,000, 6cyl 1964 Signet hardtop,
and 5,800 Signet V8 Hardtop, {like mine}
Plus 4700 convertible 6 cyl Signet, and 1300 V8 Convt. Signet. numbers rounded off.

Galens white book 1965 numbers 4th edition confuse me. :(

Just for everyones info.I have contacted Galen and sent a photocopy of the original bill of sale,build sheet,fendertag pencil rubbing. This car was purchased in New York State at Geffen Motors of Utica,New York for $2136 new. The guy traded a 1958 Ford and got $480 trade in value.He took meticullous care of this car.It still has the original window felts and they are still like new. No tinted glass and the glass is in mint condition.There is some rust on the lower rear quarters and a little in the front fenders.The floors are still solid and the original rubber mat only has a small hole about the size of a silver dollar.I did the brake system and the car runs out like it should.Trunk is still good and solid.This car was driven less than 2500 miles a year and it shows.Still has the trunk mat with only a small tear in it.Only badging on the car is the Valiant 100 emblems on the front fenders.Came with standard shocks and standard battery.Zero options.Single speed wipers no washer.No 4 way flashers no radio,no clock,no cig lighter,no interior lights except standard issue dome light. The build sheet is as plain as the car.2 spoke steering wheel,no horn ring,no backup lights.The back up light area has rubber body type plugs and there in no provision on the tranny or the shifter to activate any lights.No fuse in the fuse panel for accessories and no connection to put one in.And if they did make more than one how many could possibly be left?Thanks guys and gals.

WOW!!!

Thats's crazy!! Who would want to order a car that was stripped down like that and keep such records of it? I could see if this was bought as a fleet vehicle but for a private owner that's nuts. LOL!!!

It definately sounds like an odd ball, good luck on your search sounds like a rare one.

As they say it takes all kinds.This guy was some kind of a finatic.He even made detailed to scale engineering type drawings of some of the parts that were replaced.He even bought a dealer issued 65 Plymouth service manual that has a complete breakdown of every part for any 65 Plymouth.He must have been a very lonely person.Lol.

dodgeboy413 said:
As they say it takes all kinds.This guy was some kind of a finatic.He even made detailed to scale engineering type drawings of some of the parts that were replaced.He even bought a dealer issued 65 Plymouth service manual that has a complete breakdown of every part for any 65 Plymouth.He must have been a very lonely person.Lol.

lmao....

he is so lonelyyyy.. oh so lonelyyyyy, he has nobodyyyy... hes all alonee.

-
Back