how much backspacing do i need?

-
I'm not sure, but unless you have a leaf spring like SS Springs and have opened up the forward section of your rear wheel opening, I don't think a 29" tire will fit.

You also need to know the Sectional Width of the tire. (SW)

ive cut all the way back to the frame and have about an 1/8th inch lip on the quarter panel. i planned on cuttin the opening up a little for looks lol

Depends on the wheel width. I can tell you I was running a 15X10 weld aluma star wheel with a M/T 28/12.5/15 on a 72 Demon it had 5" backspacing and I had moved the leaf springs in with the 3/4" relocation kit on each side. They may have fit with out that mod as I had about 3/4" clearance on the springs to tire. But I also had disc brakes that pushes the tire out another 1/4 to 1/2" from the brake hats

If I had to guess a back spacing for your application I would say 4-1/4" on a completely stock car. If the tires hit the springs or inner fender you could always use a small spacer to move the wheel out a bit.

I've got a 5.5 backspace wheel on mine and I need a 3/8 spacer to keep the sidewall off the springs (with a much smaller tire than you're looking at). If your springs are in the stock location, I'd go 5" tops.

springs are going to be moved to the inside of the frame rails for clearance. do your 28/12.5/15's sit inside the wheel wells or is the quarter panel lip above them. my goal is to tuck them into the wells

springs are going to be moved to the inside of the frame rails for clearance. do your 28/12.5/15's sit inside the wheel wells or is the quarter panel lip above them. my goal is to tuck them into the wells

My Demon the tires would sit just under the lip on the fender and rub going over bumps. You would really need to mini tub the car to get them to fit nicely with out rubbing on bumps and cornering. My car was drag only so it wasn't really and issue

-
Back