How much do you think this 68 Hemi Race Barracuda will go for?

-

Kmrumedy

Reaction score
Stumbled on this auction. What do you think this car will sell for?

up for auction is a 1968 hemi barracuda race car.this car does have a clear title.legal ss/aa chassis.chrome moly 4 link,koni double adjustable shocks,4-wheel disc brakes (stange),9"mark williams spool and axles,4:88 gears,40 spline axles,chrome moly drive shaft (mark williams ends),dynamic trans(all aluminium drums)2.77 first,all roller bearings.8" 6000 stahl dynamic converter,7al2 msd,auto meter gauges,hime joint strut rods.new hemi mega block,528 4.15 crank,12.4 compression (ross),284/825 @50 roller,pac valve springs,h beam rods.motor has been dynoed.new 14.5x32 m/t slicks,chrome moly wheelie bars.with a 230lb driver the car weighs 3210.any questions on car specs and times call mark direct at 410-458-4904.or e-mail.thanks.

[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Plymouth-Other-white-1968-plymouth-barracuda-/301162006522?forcerrptr=true&hash=item461ea787fa&item=301162006522&pt=US_Cars_Trucks"]1968 Plymouth Barracuda | eBay[/ame]

More than all my worldly possessions together are worth, but less than a vintage Hemi Barracuda. How's that for exact?

Alot! Those old racecars have the potential to bring a good chunk of change.

My great grandpa bought a 1967 GTX Hemi car with the track pack. It may be known by some of you on here as "Old Trapper." That car is easily worth in the 100k+ range. It was sold years ago, and now my grandpa who was the one that raced it wants it back...It is mint and un-restored and all the original names and liveries are kept original thankfully though.

Don't the second generation barracudas make the baddest looking race cars ever!

Somebody educate me a little bit. You spend thousands of dollars on a car and still use crimp wire connectors. Why? How much more time and cost would solder and shrink wrap take?

well im assuming its not a real BO29 car so that hurts it, even if it isn't i wonder if it has any good race history. Looks like a nice car but 100K tops without the two above. IF it is a BO29 car and was backhalfed maybe 150 again depending on race history.

it has 67 grille inserts.

Not an original SS car...

This guy is looking for a sucker....

If I had any money I'd buy it. Good guess for a e-bag sale $50 K.

I will bet you it won't sell, it will never make reserve.There has been a black blown hemi one off and on for several months. He has tried everything. It gets to about 40K, doesn't make reserve.He did have buy now for 50K
It is a beautiful car...We will see, but I would bet dinner on it.

Here is the black one:

[ame]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=131172096102&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123[/ame]

Sure is pretty!
Looks like a well done car.
My best guess on price would be 50k.

I'm going to guess it will not sell since reserve is probably a stupid high price.

Agree with him ^^^^^^^
There was another one similar on Ebay about 8 mo. ago.It was a no reserver sale. It sat at 28K for a week, so I though man I would be sorry if it went for 32K. I threw a 32K bid at it, which made me high bidder at 28.5K for a few days, then right at the end, the bids came in, it sold for like 47K.
But the trick was, no reserve. Every Hemi cuda, real, not real Ebody or Abody, never makes reserve on Ebay.
Something like this needs to go to a real auction.

Here is the black one, that is bad.....been on for months, never got close to "buy now"

[ame]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=131172096102&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123[/ame]

I watched a black 68 fish drag car with a hemi, 800 RWHP, beautiful show/drag car. It went on fleabay for $50K a couple years ago which was the reserve. It is not the blown black one in this thread BTW. The car in this thread went for $32,500 which is a strong price IMO. My 71 Demon with tons of race history was a lot cheaper than that, but I am finding that it was sold to me kinda as a flipper and not in race trim and also needs patch panels and lower trunk extensions for the rust/bondo. Won't take much to fix all that so it can be a strong street/track car.

It was not a BO29 so just another race hemi fish IMO.

I watched a black 68 fish drag car with a hemi, 800 RWHP, beautiful show/drag car. It went on fleabay for $50K a couple years ago which was the reserve. It is not the blown black one in this thread BTW. The car in this thread went for $32,500 which is a strong price IMO. My 71 Demon with tons of race history was a lot cheaper than that, but I am finding that it was sold to me kinda as a flipper and not in race trim and also needs patch panels and lower trunk extensions for the rust/bondo. Won't take much to fix all that so it can be a strong street/track car.

It was not a BO29 so just another race hemi fish IMO.

FYI

The Hemi Cuda in this thread, DID NOT SELL for 32.5K,The high bid was 31.6K look closer at the ad. It never made reserve like I said would happen.
Also, the blown black one closed last week for about the 5th time in 6 months, never made 50K "buy now". Actually, it never got a 45K bid, which was the starting bid with reserve.
Not saying either car's are not worth it, just that Ebay is not the venue to sell a car of this caliber...Now if they were Camaro's, people would go nuts...Go figure.

I think a SS/AH hemi car and original BO29 would go for 175-200K keep in mine that an original car would not be on the track anymore but most of the car that run to are newer built car with modern equipment could cost 100-125K to put together so this car should go for 85-120K. I would love this car it looks like a nice ride

It's a piece of **** to get the kinda money some of yall are talkin about. It's not a real Hemi car. The wiring looks like a backyard redneck did it drunk. It has a wannabe tube chassis. Even if it WAS an original Hemi car, IMO all those things knock it way down to what it could be. 200K plus? PUUUUULEEZE. For that kinda money, you need one untouched, in AS DELIVERED CONDITION.

I don't know how much it's worth, but it probably cost 50 g's to build one like it.
and probably a few more g's.

"Real" rollers only are going for 150K,even with some race mods done.But they are rarely selling either.There are real ones being raced, but far and few between.
A real nice tribute race car can bring 50K, but not on Ebay.

Or.....I guess one of us could call the owner and ask. :dontknow:

"805moparkid" had the best assessment, IMO. An unoriginal Hemi 'cuda is cool, nevertheless, but with poor wiring & chassis work it's going to take somewhere around 10-15k in chassis work (I'm guessing) & the wiring a person could do himself. What would I pay? Having built 3 Hemi/A-body cars, mini-tubbed & big-tire, depending on how screwed-up the car was & just how good the engine REALLY is, it's only worth about 60k to me.......

-
Back