How much does a broken rear window kill the value??

-

magnumdust

Reaction score
I found an early cuda the other day for sale that has a broken rear window. It didn't have a price, and i wanted to ask here before i talked to the guy.

Does anyone reproduce the glass or do you need to find oem replacements only?

My dad had 3 at one time, couldn't even sell them....one he gave away for free, other he busted up and threw it in the trash....only kept one...there are tons of those rear windows here in MN....but some areas might be harder to find one and usually too big and heavy to ship....need to find original, nobody makes them.

It would play in your favor to use the biggest myth in Moparland to your advantage! Tell em because the rear window is broke, and it's a $1500 item, you would need to get the car that much cheaper!! Then come by my house or meet me somewhere and I'll give you a rear window for the car!!!

It would play in your favor to use the biggest myth in Moparland to your advantage! Tell em because the rear window is broke, and it's a $1500 item, you would need to get the car that much cheaper!! Then come by my house or meet me somewhere and I'll give you a rear window for the car!!!

Its a safe bet that this is the case for the car. It doesn't look like derelict car that you can't save. It just looks like the window broke and the guy gave up on his project. He then set it out for someone who wants a car with an "impossible to replace" window.

If you believe the Desert Auto Kings cable show, that rear glass is $2500. After stating that several times, they had the glass out on wobbly supports and it fell and shattered, mysteriously right in front of the camera. Somehow, they easily found an unobtanium replacement. It is even easier in the north, where the car bodies rust away, but the glass is forever.

If the guy is really selling it because he thinks the back glass is impossible to find and does not know reality, then IMO it would be unscrupulous to try and purchase the car without him knowing that. That's just something I would not do. I cannot honestly believe there are members here actually encouraging this. Makes me ashamed of some of you. You should be honest with the guy. Then if he sells, it will at least be with him knowing the truth. How would you like it if someone did that to any of you?

If the guy is really selling it because he thinks the back glass is impossible to find and does not know reality, then IMO it would be unscrupulous to try and purchase the car without him knowing that. That's just something I would not do. I cannot honestly believe there are members here actually encouraging this. Makes me ashamed of some of you. You should be honest with the guy. Then if he sells, it will at least be with him knowing the truth. How would you like it if someone did that to any of you?

Well, I'm relatively sure that it already has a Barrett Jackson price on it, and won't be bought by the OP, and I was just making fun of the "myth"! And, since I can read, and see that the OP is in Cali and is not going to be coming by to pick up a window from me, I think I can have a little fun!!!

Maybe this makes me an Ahole, but this sort of info is as easy as an internet search. If it is the case with the owner, and he is too lazy to spend 5 minutes on the internet, then the owner only has himself to blame.

Maybe this makes me an Ahole, but this sort of info is as easy as an internet search. If it is the case with the owner, and he is too lazy to spend 5 minutes on the internet, then the owner only has himself to blame.

Pretty big assumption that he even goes online. We already knew the a-hole part.

Pretty big assumption that he even goes online. We already knew the a-hole part.

It's 2015, who doesn't go on the Internet? Id say its a bigger assumption that someone doesn't go on the Internet. Especially if you were trying to track down a part. And if that is the case why would everyone else be responsible for the owners laziness?

Ps I already knew you feel that way, I generally feel the same about you.

if the guy is really selling it because he thinks the back glass is impossible to find and does not know reality, then imo it would be unscrupulous to try and purchase the car without him knowing that. That's just something i would not do. I cannot honestly believe there are members here actually encouraging this. Makes me ashamed of some of you. You should be honest with the guy. Then if he sells, it will at least be with him knowing the truth. How would you like it if someone did that to any of you?

x2!!!

If you believe the Desert Auto Kings cable show, that rear glass is $2500. After stating that several times, they had the glass out on wobbly supports and it fell and shattered, mysteriously right in front of the camera.
That's funny! As soon as I read this yesterday I turned on the TV and not only was that episode on but that particular scene was playing!

Rusty,
I must admit I am an A-hole because I bought several "carberaturs" from illiterates on ebay cheap (guess nobody else saw their auction) and flipped them for a tidy profit. Same deal with an "Edlebrock" carburetor I bought, but that guy deserved it because he posted a photo with the "Edelbrock" logo. Many imagine an earlier time when neighbors built barns for each other out of the kindness of their heart, but that was true only in Hollywood films. Even the Romans said "buyer beware", and it applies to sellers too. If you want to volunteer information to the prosecutor if you are on trial someday, go for it.

-
Back