how much does it cost and what parts are needed

-

earthmover

in the tire smoke
Reaction score
how much are you guys spending on doing the turbo budget deals?????say you have a running car and just want to add a turbo...what would it cost to add all the turbo stuff and what would be needed??? big block 440 to start with...you doing all the work..:prayer:

VS racing has some pretty good package deals. Depending on what size turbo you want to use. One for my 340 is $868 for turbo, inter cooler and piping, waste gate, blow off valve, t4 flange, oil feed and drain lines, and turbo discharge and clamp, bigger turbo is couple hundred or so more depending on size. Then its fuel system, boost referenced fuel regulator. The hot side, I am using magnum manifolds, turbo carb bonnet, and I am assuming blow threw carb you do your self, and somethng to pull timing under boost. Also a wideband to help tune is a good idea. I think I can get mine done for around $1600 or less in parts, thats doing all the work myself.

Attachments

• aspen1.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 250
Haaa. Yeah it definately is not cheap no matter how you slice it. All I can say is keep your wallet open for any and all surprises along the way. Make a plan and stick to it. Do not waiver from your original planning. If you do........ again keep your wallet open and very wide!

You can get chinkesium turbos on ebay for like 200 bucks. But by the time you add all the details up, it ain't budget anymore. I've seen where people stomp through junkyards and such scrounging up crap, but who has time for that? Not to mention, you will probably end up with what junkyards are known best for. Junk. I'll go even farther and say the words budget and car hobby don't even belong in the same sentence anymore.

Denmah's welds....AWESOME :) They along are worth the read...sorry for the hijack..

-
Back