How much $ for a Demon

-

Demonfanatic

Reaction score
Hello.

Im just wondering what is an average price for a 71 Demon 340? Im not looking for a perfect show quality car or anything just something in half decent drivable shape.

Demonfanatic said:
Hello.

Im just wondering what is an average price for a 71 Demon 340? Im not looking for a perfect show quality car or anything just something in half decent drivable shape.

Boy that's a loaded question. What's you're definition of half decent, a little rust, needs paint, rough interior, 340-727-8 3/4,= 10-15K but that's only a guess here in Canada. As usual it's not what it's worth it's what people are prepared to pay.

Ya needs paint and alittle work is fine. preferably with a complete interior in fair condition. Im not wanting to take it to shows or anything just something to cruise around with. Im saving up some money to buy one and Im just looking for a ball park estimate what a 71 demon 340 is gonna cost me. so alittle work needed is fine but i don't want something that needs a complete total restoration.

There have been a lot of discussion on what they are worth lately. The common response for a Duster/Demon with a /6 and in decent shape is around $2000 - $4000. (which think the lower end is reasonable). However, if you want a 71 340 car, you'll be lucky to get one for $6500 in rough shape. That is just my guess. I normally get on traderonline, ebay, and other various sites to check out the going rates.

Good luck

giggy said:
There have been a lot of discussion on what they are worth lately. The common response for a Duster/Demon with a /6 and in decent shape is around $2000 - $4000. (which think the lower end is reasonable). However, if you want a 71 340 car, you'll be lucky to get one for $6500 in rough shape. That is just my guess. I normally get on traderonline, ebay, and other various sites to check out the going rates.

Good luck

Good point. in Canada check out canadatrader.com every week or so. Problem is real 71 340 demons are far and few between. I looked for 3 yrs. before I found mine a few years back and it started out as slant six demon.

P7280002 (Custom).JPG

I'm really surprised at how nice abody prices have gone up recently (nice as in nice shape). A couple of years ago a very good one was $7500. Now its at least double that. A lot depends on where you are buying from too. Seems that southern states are the cheapest. Our prices must be getting pulled up by the E body and B body prices. People with $15k to spend can't get much of **** in an E or B so they're buying up A bodies to stay in the hobby. Glad I bought mine when I did (5 years ago).

I agree, I bought my Duster in 02 and now I would probably pay 2x the amount. It is an original 318 car, but the body was straight. I originally set out for a Demon, but I couldn't find one anywhere. So I got the Duster at a fairly good price.

BTW Demonseed, that is a real good looking ride! :thumblef:

Why thank you, your Duster looks fine with them Cragar SS's on her. I'll be putting the same wheels on mine in the spring and selling the 14" rallyes that are on the front.

If you just want something to drive then why worry about an original 340 car- your going to pay alot more for that little extra- when you can get a 6er or a 318 car for half the price and make it how you want it! I bought my Demon 3 years ago for $50 - just a 6er but the body is cherry other than pass fender and since its not orginally a 340 car I can do anything I want to it

Actaully I never thought of that mrspeed. I would rather an actaull 340 car just for nostalgia reasons but also if sometime down the road i decide I want to restore it then I actually have a car thats worth some money.

best bet get one good shape with slant 6 and make clone a numbers matching 340 4 spd is decent chunk of change. i bought my 71 with a built 440 it pretty much just needs paint its a 10 ft car interior is in damn good shape and has 42k original miles for 11,500 for example

i bought my original 340 dart for about 11,500 as well its was in good shape with a little rust underneath that needed cleaned and undercoated

Bought my '68 GT Dart (318, A/C, all kinds of options) from the original owner in 1992 for $1200. Got the window sticker,original bill of sale, extra center chunk, factory service manual, and extra parts in the deal. Won't part with the car anytime soon...lotsa good memories and just a cool all-around car. It's helping fuel my 5 year-old daughter's interest in mechanical things,too! :salut:

Hey demon fanatic I just perchased a 72 340 demon off ebay for 3000.00 but the car needs both quarters replaced :sad2: . In the Mopar collectors guide I see these cars going for anywheres from 12000.00 - 20000.00. So I am sure these A bodys are the next mopars to come out of hibernation for the collectors that cant aford the high dollar E bodies and B bodies.

ya and then people wont be able to afford the A bodies anymore and then hobby will be lost to Honda civics and the like wich is sad really.

This just tells you to get one and never sell it! Also you need to build it the way you want it. Good luck finding one.........Gotta love those Demons!!!!!!

Just because were on this topic about prices of a-bodies. I know I have a very low end a-body that's far from all your cool Darts/GTs, Dusters, Demon's Barricuda's..well you get the drift..Anyways, I was wondering on what your thoughts are about the Signet's (Truth Now)..
I decided I wasn't going to sale because the 69 (2dr) had only 6,500 produced, and it's not the 100/200 Valiant just the "Signet" which came with the Max option package. 273 V8, Buckets Bla bla. I kida think because everyone hated a grannies car, most were crushed. I have no idea on numbers left.

My question, Could it be consided a keeper in your books? Could this ever be worth anything like most of your wheels?

I think a nicely built Valiant has a cool factor all its own. First it looks so different from what you'll see on average. And seeing a nice Duster/Demon you look and say cool but a Valiant as nice as yours sorta grabs my eye in a sea of Dusters because its the dare to be different thing. And on the street it always has that sleeper quality even if its nice. I think they will all appreciate in value some more then others but look at B-bodies for instance. Even a Belvedere which as a n ame plate a few years ago was a parts car but now with Road Runners being insane how many Belvederes are getting the restoration treatment?

As for me if I build another Mopar it'll be a truck or an F-body... something different a little cheaer and parts arn't insane yet.

I like the 1969 2 door Valiants, :thumblef:
when I was looking for the car I bought, I had 3 choices,
1965, 1964, 1969 2 door Valiant.

69signetv8 said:
Just because were on this topic about prices of a-bodies. I know I have a very low end a-body that's far from all your cool Darts/GTs, Dusters, Demon's Barricuda's..well you get the drift..Anyways, I was wondering on what your thoughts are about the Signet's (Truth Now)..
I decided I wasn't going to sale because the 69 (2dr) had only 6,500 produced, and it's not the 100/200 Valiant just the "Signet" which came with the Max option package. 273 V8, Buckets Bla bla. I kida think because everyone hated a grannies car, most were crushed. I have no idea on numbers left.

My question, Could it be consided a keeper in your books? Could this ever be worth anything like most of your wheels?

2052882_10.jpg

cavemanmoron said:
I like the 1969 2 door Valiants, :thumblef:
when I was looking for the car I bought, I had 3 choices,
1965, 1964, 1969 2 door Valiant.

2052882_10.jpg

Thanks cavemanmoron, looks like you found one of my old pic's. For a moment I was'nt sure what was going on and had to look twice. :salut:

this is an interesting topic. i feel all the a-bodies are underpriced at the moment. if you can get one for under 10,000 it's a great find! only some are being sold for what they are really worth. prices vary widely from what i have seen. i do believe that there are more a-bodies out there than others that have changed from their original build. this will in the long run make the true originals worth alittle more in the future. keep looking there are some real jems still out there! there are two 69 dart gts on ebay now. 340 is going for 25,000 and a 383 for 31,000. you be the judge!

9885.JPG

9886.JPG

9887.JPG

9888.JPG

If you are still looking for a cheap demon,I got a deal for you.Not to far from me is one of my ex wifes ,that I can deliver for free,and no boarder taxes either,Mrmopartech

-
Back