How much for a restored Tuff Wheel?

-

OlDuster

Reaction score
I am thinking about my Tuff Wheel resto. The guy wants $540 to restore my Tuff Wheel. I paid $125 for it + shipping. He says he has restored Tuff Wheels for sale OUTRIGHT for $400-$600. Why can't I buy a restored wheel from him and sell my old wheel. I think I am getting over charged on this deal. What do you think? :shock:

WOW, I have a wheel that the foam is a little loose I am going to fix and re-color to make it blacker so I can afford to re-do my rim-blow. I though this wheel would fetch $350.00??

Tuff Wheels are going on ebay for $125-$250. I would like to get mine restored but these prices are outlandish. I am not doing a #'s resto so I can use any wheel I want. Maybe an aftermarket wheel would do. I am trying to get a deal out of the guy that does the resto. I like the look of the Tuff Wheel. Anyone know of a resto person for Tuff Wheels? This guy needs some competition! :bounce:

Why are Tuff Wheels so expensive?
What's the big deal about them? :scratch:

Tuff Wheel steering wheels are just what the doctor ordered for A-bodies. The stock wheel is too small in diameter for most men's hands. I have a nice black wheel but it is too tiny to really grip. I like the look and feel of the Tuff Wheel. It is expensive because they are hard to come by and the price is going up monthy. I bought a set of 68-70 exhaust manifolds on ebay about 4 years ago for $300. I thought they were expensive. Now they are going for $450+. I think there are only so many original Tuff Wheels in existence. If you can get one w/o restoring it, it will be expensive. If you want to restore one, it is even more expensive. What ever the market will bear is the correct price! :x

Grant makes some nice steering wheels that feel good too. I'm not doing a "correct" resto so I'll just spend the money on something else instead of a tuff wheel.

I have the grant wheel in my car. $25 and it looks good enough for me.

Yep, tuff wheel pricing is nuts. I paid $225 for mine about 5 months ago and did not have to restore it. It's not perfect, but neither is my car. Oh well, Should have hung onto the one I bought 30 years ago for under $40.00 :drunken:

If you can find one for under 200 that doesn't need restoring, grab it.

I am happy with my Grant wheel also perfect for what I am doing. :thumleft:

71Dartinteriorps.jpg

I'm using a Grant wheel also.Beats that skinny stock wheel that was in the Scamp when i bought it! :D

-
Back