How much $$$$ have you spent?

-
You never stop spending money on your car - it will take as much as you want to give it.

That's my experience anyway!!!!

It took $30,000 to bring the 'Cuda back to life. I forget about
the $$$ every time I take her for a drive.

Attachments

• 22 (Medium).jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 205
  • DSCF2599 (Medium).jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 242
3.5k total. 2k on purchase price and another 1.5 on trying to put it all back together. havent even touched the motor and lucky for me the interior has already been done. I am assuming I have another 18k til im really happy with it. i dont know how some of you have such beautiful cars and are under 10k.

My 1962 Plymouth Valiant has soaked up around $23,000 so far. That bought a good rust free body, 2012 alloy V6 and o/d auto, fully rebuilt disc brake diff, all suspension parts, Dakota digital VHX gauges and Vintage air.
Still to fund is front discs, panel and paint, wheels and materials only for interior as I’m a trimmer by trade.
All up I estimate $50 - $55,000 but that fully rebuilds the car down to every last nut and bolt!

Dang Marty, I thought I was a die hard. LOL

Just curious (and hopefully not an invasion of privacy), but is that Australian money or US dollars? I'm guessing most of your parts probably come from here.

$30 + Had some set backs that cost me. The things still on jack stands. I was told once to never count. I think thats a good idea.

i agree with a lot of the menbers on here i forget about the money when i am at astoplight and the guy in the car next to me gives me athumbs up or says nice car

over $30,000 mostly in the drive line parts. The paint , body, interior and assembly was done here at no cost.

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 158
oh boy.... way too much for a lil plain jane Duster.... $32,000. and still going.... but if ya divide that up over 23 years its only $1,391 a year.. so ... the longer i keep it the better the overall looks.... hahaha

-RPM

I guess alot over the years. With the project right now I would say that it takes quite a bit. But does it really matter. You invest as much money you have. Some times more sometimes less. But hey, if it's worth it it's ok I guess.

From my standpoint if you invest your own money in your car that's up to you. No other should bather. You've earned them, why should't you decide what to do with them.

And besides that there is a lot of fun and you meet alot of new people worldwide. Especially on this great site. That's my 2 cent.

Dang Marty, I thought I was a die hard. LOL

Just curious (and hopefully not an invasion of privacy), but is that Australian money or US dollars? I'm guessing most of your parts probably come from here.

Thats Aussie dollars so the way things are at the moment that would be a few thousand more in US dollars. If you're doing it do it properly even if it takes a little longer.
I have bought numerious NOS parts from the states as well as aftermarket things like my vintage air. Normally better service and a better price than here! Although it is now looking like a large supplier of obsolete parts there has riped me off with not only with not supplying parts paid for but charging twice!!! I always knew that would happen sooner or later as I deal with so many people in the states, law of averages! I never expected a large well know bussiness to be the one!

had to write everything down, it's 13,000 not 11. Added up pretty quick and still plenty of work to do

I've spent around $2600 ish. Includes the engine, tranny, carb, suspension, steering and electrical. However, through school I have access to a machine and tranny shop, so I was able to rebuild my own eng/tranny. Plus in trade for interning, I've gotten parts at cost. I also got quite a few parts donated, from some awesome mentors. ;) After seeing how much everyone has spent, I feel really glad I've gotten all these opportunities. Although, I think my paint job is going to kill me. $$$$

Just had an appraisal done in its incomplete state,,,incase house burns down or something before I did an appraisal when completed. Came out to $94,100, slightly less then what I've spent on it. That includes everything not installed yet such as drive line & interior. Everything is bought and payed for, unfortunately work has stalled out getting things done, that and the machine shop still has my block and rotating assembly. Its also about 3 times as much as I originally planned to spend,,,oops.

img0396nx.jpg

I couldn't begin to tell you, but I'd sell it for $10,000.00
and you get an unfinished car with all the parts. :eye:

-
Back