How Much Is A Motor Worth?

-

805moparkid

Slant and AFX Guy
Reaction score
So im starting to get desparate... My poor baby's, sitting with no love, 2 outside and one in the garage... I want to get my 65 AFX out of the sun and back on track. My slant car sits waiting for some love as well, while the Z is really depressed.

So i have this 505 i built for my AFX,

440 RV block 73 as i recall
440 source 512" kit, 4.250 crank, 7.1 rods, .030 KB's
Block was fully blueprinted
HV oil pump, custom deep pan and pickup(internal)
Comp hyd flat XE295HL-10
10.17:1 compression and 7.8:1 dynamic
Victor heads that have been completely gone thru (lesson learned on that one) (no rocker gear or pushrods)
Victor intake

i can pull all my sheets and build stuff out of hiding if you want it but would be a great street motor. What would this thing be worth? i have at least 14K in receipts on it, not including all my hours of polishing the inside of the block and deburring.

I know it would be a hit but i want to get my baby's running and moving along... I would kill myself if i have to make one of these for my AFX, but she starts at 15K, if not higher...

anyways motor worth?:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 224
Geez Ed, that's tough. I hate pricin other people's stuff. I would say look around at what similar crate motors go for. Check out MRL and a few others. You have just as much if not more talent than those big guys do.....everybody that knows you here knows that, so who built it isn't a concern. I don't think you're gonna be getting your money back out of it though.

its probably worth about half of what you have in to it (if that). sucks but thats how it usually goes.

Geez Ed, that's tough. I hate pricin other people's stuff. I would say look around at what similar crate motors go for. Check out MRL and a few others. You have just as much if not more talent than those big guys do.....everybody that knows you here knows that, so who built it isn't a concern. I don't think you're gonna be getting your money back out of it though.

I understand Rob, but you know i wouldn't come back on you for blah blah... lol

its probably worth about half of what you have in to it (if that). sucks but thats how it usually goes.

thats about how ive always priced motors and about what i figured it worth. I just have to decide if thats enough to do what i want... Thanks

I think Joe is about right. He's usually one of few voices of reason around here.

-
Back