how much is it worth?

-

KramerSwinger70

70 Dart Swinger360
Reaction score
so ive decided to go the v8 swap route on my 70 dart (sorry guys) and im curious:

wen the time comes, how much would a 225 /6 engine, tranny, driveline and rearend go for? is it worth anything?

If it's all in decent running order, a hundred bucks would be my guess if you're lucky...Just don't bank on getting rich.lol People can't giveaway slants these days, let alone sell them. The trans, driveline, and rear end (while not highly sought after with the 7 1/4") might be worth something to the right buyer.

Good luck with everything. I've enjoyed the my slant six for 6 years...But I see where you are coming from when you want to swap it out...They aren't for everybody.

I gave away my last slant/trans/7 1/4 combo. I made the new owner help me pull everything. It was a good running motor.

If it's all in decent running order, a couple hundred bucks would be my guess if you're lucky...Just don't bank on getting rich.lol People can't giveaway slants these days, let alone sell them. The trans, driveline, and rear end (while not highly sought after with the 7 1/4") might be worth something to the right buyer.

Good luck with everything. I've enjoyed the my slant six for 6 years...But I see where you are coming from when you want to swap it out...They aren't for everybody.

when i first purchased the car, i was on the fence wether to supe up the /6 or just swap a v8. ive found that its cheaper (gains-wise) to just go with the 360 that i picked up for an incredicble $200 (inclued 904 tranny, a drive line and 2 full rear ends)

i did meet a guy with a 68 cuda fastback w/ a 225 /6 an he told me he ran like 8's or 9's in the 1/4. daily driver an got like 6mpg lol

so ive decided to go the v8 swap route on my 70 dart (sorry guys) and im curious:

wen the time comes, how much would a 225 /6 engine, tranny, driveline and rearend go for? is it worth anything?

7 1/4 rear is worth nothing in my opinion.. the motor and trans maybe $50

i did meet a guy with a 68 cuda fastback w/ a 225 /6 an he told me he ran like 8's or 9's in the 1/4. daily driver an got like 6mpg lol

bs_flag.gif

cool looking and a 8 second quarter mile are way different things..lol

now 8-10 second 1/8 mile would be more believable..

ive found that its cheaper (gains-wise) to just go with the 360 that i picked up for an incredicble $200 (inclued 904 tranny, a drive line and 2 full rear ends)

If you picked up all this for $200, that gives you an idea of the value of what you're selling.

Grant

If I'm not mistaken, didn't the Cox Brothers just set the record for a slant 6 car a couple years ago with a 9:98!!??!! Then they promptly wrecked that car!!! Anyhoo, I doubt your buddy has anything up his sleeve that the Cox boys don't know that would give him an extra 2 seconds!!! I'm just sayin'!!! Geof

Slant six motor/K member/904 Transmission-worked when I pulled it from 68 B-cuda fastback. Asked $150 on Craigslist..no interest...dropped it to $50 and finally somebody took it off my hands.

The slant is a great engine. If you are low on funds right now, just drive and maintain it.

Save your money for what you really want.

It's sad that such a solid, reliable engine has almost no value in the used car part market.

The slant is a great engine. If you are low on funds right now, just drive and maintain it.

Save your money for what you really want.

It's sad that such a solid, reliable engine has almost no value in the used car part market.

My thoughts exactly, except that it makes things way cheaper and easier for those of us who like to run them ;) A great engine with little maintenance needed that should last many many years. Everybody I talk to about my Dart will mention the slant and how it's so bulletproof...But then promptly ask why I don't have a V8 in there yet. Umm it's a great engine, does the job, great MPG, and I'm still having success bracket-racing with it...Why change?

Edit: Oh and that guy claiming 8s or 9s with his slant is completely full of crap. 8-9 second 1/8th mile time sounds about right with some mods.

at least im keeping a mopar engine in there. my chevy buddy keeps jokingly telling me to put an LS1 in my car, since those engines supposedly get great mileage and alot of power. but for me, i drive a mopar car, aint gonna have a Govt Motor engine in it!

I just sold 2 different 225 /6 ers for $100 ea on craigslist but am having a heck of a time getting rid of the 904 trans. I listed it several times on craigslist but only seem to drum up the Jeep guys who want to bolt it to a 4.0l (different bolt pattern). I also have a complete /6 K-member with UCA's, tierods, steering linkage and brand new brakes and drums - everything has been sand blasted and in good shape but not sure if there will be much interest. Is there any value in this stuff?

I sold my slant for $100. Be patient though and you can make a little cash with it. Mine was in great shape and only had about 52000 miles on it.

If you are going ahead with the swap and you want to get as much as you can for the old setup, I suggest keeping it in the car and running so that people can at least hear it run and if serious enough, possibly take a drive with you. Then, you can pull it or negotiate that they help you pull it.

I was offer $ 250.00 for our /6..but they wanted it immediately..and I wasn't willing to part with it yet.

Ian.

Got a buddy here local that traveled couple states away just for a 225 slanty!!
Anybody that stops and talks Darts automatically assumes that all Darts have slants! LOL!!

I like our slanties, once dialed in, never open the hood except for ocasional oil check!

Still after getting out of BOF or Baby with their v-8's, it kinda makes me want to thin our herd and only keep the 8's!!:-D

But the indistructable slanty has even earned it's respect with the non car nutz john Q. public crowds!!8)

The slants are getting pulled for racing round here!!

A few weeks ago I did pay $200 for a 225/ with the 904 trans. Only reason I paid that is there was an OFFY 4bl intake, Holley 4 bl carb and header on the motor. So the way I think I bought the intake for $200 and he gave me the motor!!!

i just bought a running slant for $125. from an 85 van with over 110k on it. its going to be my project motor as money allows.

-
Back