How much would you pay or whats it worth

-

68cuda78

Reaction score
Im looking at a 69 GTS 340 four speed car. Its factory b5 blue with blue interior and bucket seats. It is a 340 four speed car as I said . I dont have pic to show you but he said the body is pretty decent but needs one rocker fixed and some fender work. Its in primer and needs finished out. The under side of car is very solid needs nothing. The engine is not the original but the trans and rear are. It came factory with 3.91. Interior is good no rips , but no carpet. The drivetrain is good to go he said and engine is good with X heads and weiand intake with 750 holley. Also he has the stock manifolds to go with car. He has orignal wheels also. Seems the car needs minimal body work and finished inside. There are not many 69 gts four speed cars. The registry has only 24 listed granted Im sure there more. Thanks guys

I thought my description was decent, Needs some body work and rest of car is all there its not a rust bucket very solid car and runs and drives

Im looking at a 69 GTS 340 four speed car. Its factory b5 blue with blue interior and bucket seats. It is a 340 four speed car as I said . I dont have pic to show you but he said the body is pretty decent but needs one rocker fixed and some fender work. Its in primer and needs finished out. The under side of car is very solid needs nothing. The engine is not the original but the trans and rear are. It came factory with 3.91. Interior is good no rips , but no carpet. The drivetrain is good to go he said and engine is good with X heads and weiand intake with 750 holley. Also he has the stock manifolds to go with car. He has orignal wheels also. Seems the car needs minimal body work and finished inside. There are not many 69 gts four speed cars. The registry has only 24 listed granted Im sure there more. Thanks guys

My 2 cents........... Its not as rare as you think without the original engine. I'm going to have about 8-10k into a 68 Dart GT that I am badging GTS and thats just for the body and paint. Add the cost of the car, interior, drive train...etc..... makes you want to be in to it for as little as possible.

It is running, driving so that is a plus....... I would like to see it... Good luck with your search!

Im gonna take a pic tomorrow of it and get vin number and fender tag. Its just as rare with or without the original engine just not worth as much. Last time I checked they stopped making the gts in 69.

Im gonna take a pic tomorrow of it and get vin number and fender tag. Its just as rare with or without the original engine just not worth as much. Last time I checked they stopped making the gts in 69.

rare and value go hand in hand? I dont know. when you buy it let us know what it cost you! :happy1:

rare and value go hand in hand? I dont know. when you buy it let us know what it cost you! :happy1:
Well I dont wanna pay to much for it lol. I have a car Im trying to sell now . I have a guy who I know that is a great body man and will cut me a good deal on the paint work. I wont have anywhere near 8-10k in the car.

69 GTS 440 is rare , a 340 or 383 not as much. definitely not worth as much with out the matching engine. Running and driving car , it sounds like it is worth 3 grand , but nobody can say its worth a certain amount without seeing it . Good luck

69 GTS 440 is rare , a 340 or 383 not as much. definitely not worth as much with out the matching engine. Running and driving car , it sounds like it is worth 3 grand , but nobody can say its worth a certain amount without seeing it . Good luck

yeah hard to say without pic. 3k seems cheap I mean the engine and trans are worth at least 2k

The biggest thing I see is you're taking his word on the condition of the car, and trying to come up with a value based on your interpretation of that. I've looked at stuff people call "solid" and think to myself that "I've scrapped better stuff than this". Also, you have no clue what's hiding under the primer. I would never trust someone else's handy work and assume that you can just throw paint over what they have done. That's a good way to redo a paint job. In my personal opinion, to do it right, the car will need stripped back down and the body work started over. Good luck with it, and if you get it post up some pics.

ive been buying and selling gts darts for 20 years,if as you described with a fendertag 7k to about 9500 is a fair price they made just over a 1k 340 4spd gts cars in 1969.

ive been buying and selling gts darts for 20 years,if as you described with a fendertag 7k to about 9500 is a fair price they made just over a 1k 340 4spd gts cars in 1969.

I think this is more like it. A solid one with a slant auto is worth $2500 minimum in my book. Considering what it takes to upgrade one to a V8 stick, provided the drivetrain is decent I'd give at least 5k.

I would think any decently solid, driver, 340-4 speed A body is worth at least $4000 and that would be the more common Dusters. 68-71 are the peak years for Mopar lovers, so I think a 69 GTS would be 50% more then a 73 Duster, or $6000 at least. The economy is just terrible though so any hobby car is a tough sale. Either it is too rough and the buyer isn't going to be able to afford to fix it up or it has been fixed up and there is no way the seller is going to get anywhere near what he has spent fixing it up. Sometimes in these situations the house payment needs to be made and a seller will sell a $6000 car for $3000 to get 3 more months out of his house. If he waited the 3-6 months it takes to find the right buyer he may be living in the car by then.

The biggest thing I see is you're taking his word on the condition of the car, and trying to come up with a value based on your interpretation of that. I've looked at stuff people call "solid" and think to myself that "I've scrapped better stuff than this". Also, you have no clue what's hiding under the primer. I would never trust someone else's handy work and assume that you can just throw paint over what they have done. That's a good way to redo a paint job. In my personal opinion, to do it right, the car will need stripped back down and the body work started over. Good luck with it, and if you get it post up some pics.

I agree about other people's bodywork (OPB)! But that said, I think this car is worth at least $5k, knowing that it is a 340 4 speed. GLWS!

The guy who has it is a life long mopar fan. I work with his brother and he is asking 7500 but said he is very negotiable so I say 6500 to 6700 isnt ouut of the question. I will take pics tomorrow

there were 784 383 4spd gts cars for 69,340 4spd cars 1022 if the car does have a fendertag 7500 or less is a good price,here is a pic of one of my current 4 69 gts cars.

Attachments

• LS23P9E (Copy).JPG
    130.8 KB · Views: 98
-
Back