How much would you spend on it?

-
if you do get the fury, I might have some C body 4 speed pedals for sale. I would have to dig them out, I know they are in a box ....somewhere. When i was going to build a C body.....I don't do automatics.

if you do get the fury, I might have some C body 4 speed pedals for sale. I would have to dig them out, I know they are in a box ....somewhere. When i was going to build a C body.....I don't do automatics.
i am pickin' you what you're layin' down!

the want is strong with this one:

i am pickin' you what you're layin' down!

the want is strong with this one:
[/URL][/URL]
65's seem to be popular but there are a lot of one year only parts on a 65. At least 66 and up shares a lot of the same stuff that goes with the "slab side" group (66-68); in 66 the console is the same as 66-70 B body stuff but 65 is it's own animal. I can't remember right off but 65 has a few other one year only things about it. It was truly a transition from the early 60s to the later 60s. (i want to say the clutch pedals were one year only in 65. The ones I have will fit 66 to 68.)

Then in 69 they started the "fuselage" "fusey" body style which ran to 73 and that's different.

If you find a decent and more importantly complete 65, you're in.

That was a pretty car when new. The paint color may not look good now, but maybe it'll buff out. The caved in quarter, not so much. There are virtually no reproduction C-body parts available. And that includes sheet metal. You say you don't need floors, but you can't even get decent repro floors for a C-body even though they used the same floors from 65-70, and with minor modification all the way till 73. That means the straight and more solid the body, the better the investment. That said, even the worst C-body project or parts cars seem to be priced in the $2000 to $5000 range. But, I would hope the parts cars aren't actually selling in that range. If your plan is to just get it operational and drive it as it, it's probably worth $2500 to $3000 at the most if it's complete. But, if your plan is to restore it, that quarter panel almost makes it not worth the effort unless you have a solid quarter panel lying around.

I have two C-bodies. One is a 66 Sport Fury hardtop with mostly original paint. Its only a 318 poly under the hood, but it was such a clean low mileage car I couldn't pass it up when I found it eight years ago. I paid $12,000 then and have done nothing to it beyond a carb rebuild and a fuel pump. My other C-body is a 383 66 Polara convertible. Just got that one a few months ago. I paid $10,000 though the original asking price was $17,000. The plan was just a quick trip to Maaco for a new paint job. But, when I went to replace the carpet I found some rust in the floor. Finding a decent front floor pan is proving to be difficult (the rest of the car is solid).

Oh, and before anyone says a C-body is just too big of a boat to be of any interest, I should point out that a 66 Fury is within 2" of length and width of a 68 Charger.

1710007316391.png

1710007224714.png

Last edited:
if you do get the fury, I might have some C body 4 speed pedals for sale.
Thanks P.V... I'll keep that offer handy. I was supposed to go see the car today, but we got a butt-load of rain last twelve hours, and I wasn't about to squirm around in the muck to check out the under-belly.

Thanks for all the input guys (and gal)... appreciate all the opinions. I'll let you know if it ends up in the barn.

:thumbsup:

I just saw a two door C body in my neck of the woods for sale. It was a Dodge so probably a Polara. My wife asked what it was. I said a cool two C body but I don’t want it because I have too many projects already that aren’t finished!!!

I just saw a two door C body in my neck of the woods for sale. It was a Dodge so probably a Polara. My wife asked what it was. I said a cool two C body but I don’t want it because I have too many projects already that aren’t finished!!!
If it was a 64 Polara (or 440) I'd be very interested.

A couple years ago I was driving through a small town in western IL and caught a glimpse of a '66 for sale. I thought, what the hey. take a look. Went around the block and read the writing on the windshield...............................

1710079942146.png

1710080064704.png

Pretty sure it was a 66 Polara. It wasn’t a 64 440 or anything cool like that! I’d probably own it if it was!! LOL

Neighbor down the street has one tucked away, nice car, 440 auto, he offered it to me for a good price.
A 440 Coronet does not mean it has a 440 motor, it's the style as in a Coronet 500. Higher the number the more options. The motor could be a six, 318 or 383. Now a Coronet 440 RT or 500 RT, would have a 440 or Hemi, as well as high options.

Certainly not an A-body, but... If you came across this in your neighborhood, what would you be willing to spend on it?... (just to get it road-worthy, and drive the crap out of it).

66 Fury, 383/727 console
Floor and trunk pans are solid
Cross members good
Bit of a cave-in on the right quarter
Complete car
Titled

View attachment 1716218216

View attachment 1716218217

View attachment 1716218218
If you like the car, buy it. Put some money into it and drive it. Depends on the car needs that we can't see, I would keep the buying price around $2,000 - $2,500.

Well, since others have shared their rides & to show just how cheap I am.... My 68 Coronet...

1016392-Untitled-1%20copy.jpg

I gave the man his asking price.... $75.....

I saw that listed . Asking price is 3500, I believe. Seems fairly solid except the trunk floor. Motor is stuck. If I was interested, I'd show up with 800 to a 1000, tell them you'll be putting another 3-5k in it just make it run, not including Making it stop.

If its solid with no rot its restorable... 3-5 grand and it would be a cruiser. Fully restored its a 12- 15 thousand dollar car in the real world. Yes people pay it check out Maple Motors and similar car lots. Now I'm not saying you wouldn't spend that in restoring it though but really... if interior can be cleaned and you paint it? how much? say you have a 361 or 383 to toss in it... you do the body and shoot the paint? a single stage ? you'd turn a profit at 12-15 grand...you low baller guys think low ball IMO :lol:

-
Back