how much?

-

bajarob

Reaction score
I know, I know....without pictures and very detailed lists it's hard...but bare with me here.
My parents have had this 69 dart convertable for about 20yrs now...been in the garage for the last 13yrs. The car has good paint (some scratches but a good 20 footer. It's a GT clone. with a 69 340 that was built just before they bought it, not sure on internals but I remember it seemed to be done right from a local reputable engine builder...pump stick, higher compression, etc. 3:91 rear, 727 that lost 2nd gear (they had put a good used trans in it when the motor went in). The top is perfect, interior has a few tears and needs new carpet kit (not bad, but I would replace it). Stock ralleys with new tires. I'm in Olympia washington.
I'm trying to get a realistic value on the car that's fare to me and my parents (they would give it to me cheap if not). The 340 is very healthy (I've had a 440 dart, 440 charger, 360 aspen and a handfull of small block cars so when I say it's healthy, it's probably someone elses "fast as hell" ;) )
Again, I know this is not much to go on but hopeing I could get some ballpark numbers from the ones who know.
Thanks in advance,
Rob

Thanks cafe.
I did see that and other on ebay 410, but didn't figure that to be a good way to get true market value. I did search already completed listing to try and find ones that actualy sold but didn't find any that gave me a good idea. I also looked booked it on nada, low for a vert was 5k and low for a real gt 340 was 10k....so not sure where this one falls...and also, even low book seems to represent a very nice example that needs close to nothing. So hopeing coming here, you guys might have a better idea of true value in todays market. Seems like a 4-5k car to me....but if it's worth more then I may just sell the car on the open market (my pockets aren't that deap) to give my parents more money.

you could always take some really good pic's and list it on ebay (with a fair reserve of course)
that will give you an actual value

The Old Cars Report Price Guide says $3180/$5300 for a GT convertible in 4/5 condition.
This guide tends to have low prices IMHO. A 340 car is $1100 more at best.

I saw some restored ones at a classic sale needing nothing but a home one was a 273 4speed conv the other was a 318 conv auto neither car needed nothing. hard market right now but 4000 would be fair buyers are hard to come by.

IF you are buying it from your parents and they want you to have it, the true value doesn't matter.

The 3 of you need to agree on a price and all be happy

ALL convertibles are GT's sounds like they made a GTS clone

Market is very soft right now, be a good son and make them happy if you can.

I know, I know....without pictures and very detailed lists it's hard...but bare with me here.
My parents have had this 69 dart convertable for about 20yrs now...been in the garage for the last 13yrs. The car has good paint (some scratches but a good 20 footer. It's a GT clone. with a 69 340 that was built just before they bought it, not sure on internals but I remember it seemed to be done right from a local reputable engine builder...pump stick, higher compression, etc. 3:91 rear, 727 that lost 2nd gear (they had put a good used trans in it when the motor went in). The top is perfect, interior has a few tears and needs new carpet kit (not bad, but I would replace it). Stock ralleys with new tires. I'm in Olympia washington.
I'm trying to get a realistic value on the car that's fare to me and my parents (they would give it to me cheap if not). The 340 is very healthy (I've had a 440 dart, 440 charger, 360 aspen and a handfull of small block cars so when I say it's healthy, it's probably someone elses "fast as hell" ;) )
Again, I know this is not much to go on but hopeing I could get some ballpark numbers from the ones who know.
Thanks in advance,
Rob

Thanks for all the replies!
That's my dilema, if it's too much than I can't afford it, but if it's worth more, they can realy use the money....I'll try and get some pictures of current condition....I HATE when people don't post pictures...lol

With the car sitting idle for 13 yrs,it,s gonna need more than just a wash.Brakes and fluid could be bad,also if it has antifreeze in it,that will have turned acidic which will eat at the frostplugs from the inside out.Just something to think about before purchase.

Being that I am in to the 67 to 69 A-body convertibles I watch them sell pretty closely.

Watch this car that has actual bidders on eBay and compare the features of this car to your parents car. Right now it is at $4,938.00 and it has only been up 24 hours. If your parents car is an factory installed AC car it would be worth more than this car will bring. Bucket seats and console will also bump the price a few hundred over what this car sells for.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodg...9487121?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item2a14511f11

Got the car home finaly...he's a couple pictures of it's condition right now.
oct_nov_2011_1761.jpg

oct_nov_2011_1771.jpg

oct_nov_2011_1741.jpg

oct_nov_2011_1751.jpg

Looks great in the photo.

Main question is sheet-metal rust-thrus around the bottom, under the carpets, and in the trunk. If OK, I would say the value is at least $6K. You don't want to cheat your parents and see them shopping for dog food in their old age, with no dog at home.

the car is pretty rust free. Trans is shot (mom didn't like the reverse manual valve body, stall, etc....so traded it for a stock unknown trans ;), need to look into the breaks, needs new ignition, one freeze plug seems to be dripping a bit, drivers seat rip...and the rest is just little things here and there. So winter project, hopefully will have the money/time to get it on the road again by spring

Get the engine compartment & interior cleaned up, and that car will bring $10K all day long up here if it's rust free like you said.
Nice looking car.

George

honestly, I'm not sure.....seems I "used" to know all this stuff....but been out of the scene for quite some time now. Before my parents bought the car long ago...someone had put the 340 and hood on it...and maybe a different front suspension...but I really can't remember exactly what was done. I know it's got a 3:91 suregrip in it also, but again, can't remember if the previous owner had it done or not.
I don't mind a little helpfull nitpicking either ;)

the steering wheel is correct for 1969 , the seats are from a 71 demon , & the center caps are 72 & up , but who cares its its a solid clean 69 dart vert & its yours , congrats on the new ride :burnout:

that is nice i like it .why does it matter if it doesnt have some of the correct pieces and isnt a GT? if you got it for you, then enjoy it, and dont worry about what its worth . to much emphasis on value and not enough on getting out in it and turning some heads.unless you just aquired it to turn around and sell it ...JMO

Sweet looking ride if you can afford to keep keep it.If you need money you will kick your self for selling it .I say pimp your self out to get more money.Just kidding.

-
Back