How old are you and how long have you raced

-
300 to Acton mt or 340 to Thunder Valley in eastern SD. There was a 1/8th mile track 20 min from our property that didn’t open this year :(

…..and with building costs etc who knows if that’ll happen.

You have a lot of racing years left in you. You could move anywhere from Michigan/ Ohio South to Ky/ Tenn/ Ala/ NC/ Miss etc and not ever be far from a track.

Truthfully I’m kind of tired of the effort it takes to get to the track as well as the cost.
Me too. Even test and tune cost and you get 2 passes. I'm only 40 miles from LVMS.
Still the effort and maybe I'm just lazy anymore.

I used to have Bandimere (Morrison, CO) near me, but that track shut down due to growth in the area. It was 35 miles away, so very convenient. There is talk of moving to a new location near the Denver airport, which would be fine with me as it is only 30 miles away. Fingers crossed for a 2025 opening, but I doubt it due to permitting and construction times.

Hey A Body, I liked the picture of the Mirada you ran back in the 90's, Here are a few pic's of my Mirada I built and ran in the 90's. You didn't see many of these cars made into race cars.

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

1207191125.jpg

67 years young, street raced in the 70s.
Went to a mopar event at an old 1/8 track when I was 64. I made 6 passes that day, I was hooked. I started racing at Wagler Motosports Park. I finished second in points my rookie year. I raced 4 races a month. Now they race 3 in one day, in the middle of the summer. I do test n tune mostly now.

Started street racing in 87 when I was in the Air Force at Minot ND (huge Mopar country back then). First pass at a track was in 91 at Thunder Valley in SoDak. Picture was from 94 when we went undefeated one weekend. Some trophy class. Sure the time slips were laughable. Funny that short block finally went 9.9 in 2012…. the same year I sold the car after 27 years. Turned 57 last December. Also the last time I raced. Got some chassis issues to sort out on the Duster and I’m not sure what direction we’re going. Truthfully I’m kind of tired of the effort it takes to get to the track as well as the cost.

View attachment 1716270113

View attachment 1716270119
What do you figure you ran with the combo back in ND ('87-'89)? Who did you race out there? The Black Falcon? Joren/Jedd Boyce? Corey Flick red Challenger? Bob Fox orange roadrunner? Ed with the blue Corvette? I'm trying to remember all the guys who'd race back then. lol I left in January '90

-
Back