how rare is an 1976 duster 360 sunroof car !

-

ValerianMagnum

the little car that could
Reaction score
hi guys !! my question today : how rare is an 1976 duster 360 sunroof car ! with a lot of options ...

-360 c.i + the 4 bbl option ( police pack )

-dual exhaust , with no - cat option

- automatic 727 tranny

-mechanical sunroof

-hang 10 interior option . red, blue and white

- interior map light

-magnum 500 wheels

-original paint : white

- no wing , no hood scoop

-ive called a lot of mopar guys here in quebec and ottawa and it seem that this car is freaking rare .. is it that true ? like did they really made like 20 of these ???

i bought the car last week for 5 k , it runs good but need a little restoration , paint flloors etc ..

for me its just a 76 duster ... but it seems that its an ultra rare car .. please give me some advice .. and btw i got the tags . vin . broadcast sheet everything is there to proove all these options ..

anyway give me your comment please !!

little a bodie Joe !

There's a thread in the general discussion board titled 'What's a Hang 10' (or close to that title.............

There is a LOT of information, and a bunch of pictures of the car you have......I believe there are some links there too that might lead you to the actual production numbers..........

,,,,,,,,,,,and yes, it's pretty rare. 8)

Any late 360 A body will be somewhat rare. A hang ten car or Spirit car would be rare.

Sunroof, fold down rear seat, Buckets/console would make it even more unique.

If you are asking if it's worth $$$, it's not that desirable unless it's something very unique.

What are the codes from the fender tag.

Your car being a Duster means that it cannot be a Hang 10... those were all Dart Sports and only in 1974 and 1975 IIRC.

It could be a Spirit of 76 edition though... they had a red, white and blue colour scheme. Regardless, any Duster with a 360 in 1976 would be a rarity and the sunroof makes it all the more so! I'd say keep and restore it! :)

Your car being a Duster means that it cannot be a Hang 10... those were all Dart Sports and only in 1974 and 1975 IIRC.

It could be a Spirit of 76 edition though... they had a red, white and blue colour scheme. Regardless, any Duster with a 360 in 1976 would be a rarity and the sunroof makes it all the more so! I'd say keep and restore it! :)
I WAS ABOUT TO SAY THE SAME..:cheers:

JAC2007153.jpg

Nice. IMO, rarity and desirability/value can often be exclusive of each other.

But in your case, a 76 Duster (which was a low production year IIRC) with the largest motor avail (360 yet), duals, SUNROOF, and special interior would easily make it the most desirable of the 76 Dusters.

Might not trade even-up with a hemicuda, but any orig 340/360 A-body has higher desirability/value. I like it.

Grant

by 1976 , the 360 was relegated to option status , and was no longer a separate model .

the 360-powered Dart , Dart Sport , Valiant and Duster were all built sans catalytic converters ; were rated at 220 h.p. ; wasn't available in California ( small surprise , right ?? ) except on the rare Dart / Valiant "A38" Police Package 4 doors that the L.A. Sheriff's Department used ; and was the quickest and -almost- the fastest American car built that year ( see the Car & Driver test of the 360-powered 1976 Dart Sport back in '76 ) .

Check out the Hang-10 Registry for the links to the other odd / rare packaged Dusters & Dart Sports of '71 - '76 ( 1974 & 1975 Hang 10 , Spirit of '76 , 1975 & 1976 360 Dusters , Dart Lite [sic] and Feather Duster ) .

Got anymore pics ???

I bought a yellow 1976 duster new in 1976. It was yellow with white interior. Bucket seats, center console with auto shift, sunroof, space saver package with fold down rear seat and trunk lid. It also had the 360 police engine with the 4 barrel carter carb, dual exhaust, no emission equipment and even burned leaded gas. I have never seen another one like it, even at that time. I was dumb enough to trade it in for a more fuel efficient car in 1980. I traded it in to koons chevrolet in tysons corner Va. You should keep it and fix it back up. I sure wish I could find my old one. My first new car!

-
Back