How reliable are snout extensions for the fuel pump?

-

DumpsterFire

Reaction score
Wanting to do a mechanical fuel pump on my stock internals magnum. Are these hughes snout extension a good solution for the fuel pump eccentric on a magnum cam? A quick look did show one person posting a horror story.

I've had one in my motor for years now. Only issue I ran into was because the cam can move forward, my double roller timing chain was tapping the fuel pump arm off and on. I was able to close up the width of the arm some with a hammer and stop the noise (I think).

We have also had one in use for around fifteen years or so now with no problems at all and lots of street miles. Proper installation prevents problems. File fit where necessary to get everything fitting correctly and then assemble with red Loctite on the camshaft sprocket bolt and it will stay in place and work well.

I have seen a couple complaints about these coming loose, but in reality it was the camshaft bolt itself that came loose and that can happen without these adapters.

Same here. Installed mine with red Loctite several years ago and (knock on wood) no problem.

-
Back